PlanetMinis Forums banner
141 - 154 of 154 Posts

· Registered
82 Posts
Here's a short vid of my 1986 XR80 race bike after initial run and base tune, 54mm piston lightened crank digital ignition big web cam and 1mm bigger valves fitted to ported head Yoshimura 26mm flat slide carby and manifold custom old PK reverse cone exhaust

· Registered
2 Posts
This is not a true restoration, more of a refurbish. I am 46 and have owned this bike since 1979. It was my first motorcycle. It has been in pieces for more than 20 years, this year I finally decided to get it riding again.

This is how it sits. I need a rear axle and f/r wheel spacers. Like I said, it was not intended to be a 100% original resto. Lots of stuff is "incorrect" and will have XR75 purists cringing lol. I just wanted it mechanically sound and looking decent.

· Administrator
11,223 Posts
FWIW, the rear axle is 12mm in diameter, and I've used early '80's XR80 swingarms on mid '80's Z50's and used the stock Z50 rear axle with no problems. Picking up a couple of these and cutting them to length should work for you.

· Registered
1 Posts
Found one out deerhuntin a new spot. Looking for a tripple tree clamp for a Z50R 81 model. I have got klx forks and xr75 maybe anyone need anything off of from the rust...swingarm is on 50. Thanks for the add on aswell. A bountiful amount of good info here. Thanks. Just thought I'd share a photo.

141 - 154 of 154 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.