PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 154 Posts

· Administrator
12,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lets see your XR75's. I'll start off....Here is a pic of my XR75 from back in the day. I loved that bike and wish I still had it. I will find one like it... one day.:)

tmas

Check out the vintage Honda shirt. :)

· Registered
85 Posts
Here is a pic of mine. I dont know why the pics turned fuzzy, but here they are. Its a 73 with a serial number under 600. Vey low hour bike with orginal tires. Guy i got it from got it at an estate sale. I will get some better pics when it warms up. My collection is down to 2 bikes, the ZB and the XR75.

· Banned
16,707 Posts
tmas said:
Lets see your XR75's. I'll start off....Here is a pic of my XR75 from back in the day. I loved that bike and wish I still had it. I will find one like it... one day.:)

tmas

Check out the vintage Honda shirt. :)

My brother had the same year XR:) Dig the Marty Tripes replica jersey, and midriff.lol

· Registered
1,393 Posts
That one actually belongs to a good friend of mine. It's a Red Racer built DG reproduction frame.

I've actually seen your bike quite a few times on my various hunts for trick XR stuff and am very impressed with your bike. It actually inspired me to build this XR frame that I've never finished.

77 YZ 80 swingers are the perfect width but the cross member needs moved back slightly. Sounds like I need to send this one to you to finish : )

· Registered
7 Posts
Luckystar64 said:
Speaking of AHRMA-- I've been whining about AHRMA doing a vintage "pit bike" class. I'd love to run a clapped out twin shocker XR75 with a Takegawa 124. Or... a CR60, YZ60, or air cooled KX60. Would anybody else be into it? --L*64

I'd be up for that for sure! YZ60,my first bike been looking for one of those for quite some time. AHRMA mx and roadrace national coming to RoadAmerica this year, I can't wait!

GOOD IDEA MY FRIEND.

· Registered
3,896 Posts
Why not start a petition and present it to them about the pit bikes?

With the cost of the new 4 stroke (big bikes), Vintage seems to be the place to be. I'd like them to have a front disc brake class, or a "Bomber" type of class for 20 year old bikes, so we could more easily find a bike to race with, where every part isn't completely obsolete. They have some more modern bikes that race in the road racing events.

About the pit bikes-- any pre-1985 air cooled two stroke 60, or XR75/80/100. No big bores, just suspension mods allowed. Two classes that run in one race-- 16-39, and 39+. How's that sound? I'd love a YZ60, KX60, or an '83-'84 14/17 inch wheeled XR100 with a boxed swingarm. Haha! Let's make it happen!

1 - 20 of 154 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.