PlanetMinis Forums banner
121 - 140 of 154 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Land vehicle Motocross Vehicle Motorcycle racer Motorcycling

Racing my XR100 engined '77 XR75 at Clarkefield in Australia.
CR80 front end, modified and cradled frame, CR80 swing arm with Fox Airs. Engine is a 145 and has some Kitaco bits, PWK, self made reverse cone megaphone and a Selettra inner rotor CDI.

· Registered
82 Posts
mono conversion

Details on the mono conversion?
this bike is the same bike i raced in the 70s my father had done the monoshock conversion using the original xr swing arm with lots of weld work
with all my winging at the time for a redline frame or a PK mono it fell on deaf ears but hats off to him for doing the mod
problem was that after sitting for many years unrestored the swing arm was toast too rusted and looking at it with my adult eyes it was quite rough
so solution came by way of research and measuring,the alloy arm on it now is off a chinese 250 bike like a Zongstin
the original koni shock was also too far gone so i substituted a ebay shock and got YSS suspension to do some rework on it
the only mod i had to do to the arm was to mount a brake say point for the arm
the rest remarkably fitted up like stock bit of spacer playing to get the rim to be central ect

on the frame under the seat, a welded plate was fitted to accommodate the top mount of shock
thats still all original

· Registered
82 Posts
Clarkield race day

View attachment 169330

Racing my XR100 engined '77 XR75 at Clarkefield in Australia.
CR80 front end, modified and cradled frame, CR80 swing arm with Fox Airs. Engine is a 145 and has some Kitaco bits, PWK, self made reverse cone megaphone and a Selettra inner rotor CDI.
Hi Monus
XR looks great will be putting my XR in for vmx racing next year signed up this year but was to much of a slack ass to finish a XR200 i'm rebuilding so didn't race at all this season
wanted to go to the Clarkfield event just gone as i live in Sunbury to check out the xr field but it crossed over with a family event
looking forward to racing the full season next year
have a Selettra digital 2 map set up on the XR200 motor iTs together but not in frame yet as doing a couple of frame mods
really interested in seeing how the Selettra works on the XR200 engine
its all Moded up to run straight off the crank no stupid cam trigger stuff
Cheers
Bruce

· Registered
12 Posts
Hi Monus
XR looks great will be putting my XR in for vmx racing next year signed up this year but was to much of a slack ass to finish a XR200 i'm rebuilding so didn't race at all this season
wanted to go to the Clarkfield event just gone as i live in Sunbury to check out the xr field but it crossed over with a family event
looking forward to racing the full season next year
have a Selettra digital 2 map set up on the XR200 motor iTs together but not in frame yet as doing a couple of frame mods
really interested in seeing how the Selettra works on the XR200 engine
its all Moded up to run straight off the crank no stupid cam trigger stuff
Cheers
Bruce
Selettra on mine works well- just using the map it came with.
Look forward to seeing you next year. VIPER and VCM in Victoria both have a class you can run XR75's in as well as the big bike.

In the mean time you and anyone else with an interest in XR75's could join this facebook page- your Roo Link is on it...:https://www.facebook.com/groups/1604244429862836/?ref=bookmarks

· Registered
1 Posts
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Rim

Here is my vintage mod racer currently adding xr100 forks and aftermarket shocks, bike is bored out to 92cc, hot cam stage 1, lightened flywheel cdi ignition, honda xr100 carb dg replica swingarm and pipe from xrminiracer.com also upgrading rims to gold anodized

· Registered
82 Posts
Gotto love these photos

Land vehicle Vehicle Freestyle motocross Motocross Enduro
Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Tire Automotive tire

Period correct magnificent restoration PK factory XR75 mono shock racer from the 1970s
restored by a fried of mine here in Australia Rosco Holden
so advanced for there time
factory fitted 5 speed tranny
roller cam,big valves,lightened crank,krober ignition,oil cooler,gnarly exhaust
trick suspension list goes on

121 - 140 of 154 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.