PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I apologize in advance if this is an unecessary thread. I know i've seen little tidbits of info on zb50 gas tanks in various threads. I've just recently purchased a zb50 after searching locally for years as seen in my other thread.

The gas tank has some small dents and dings. Internally, there is no rust and has been treated/ coated. Functionally the tank is great. Cosmetically, I need to do something about it. I know tanks are a rare item, and i know they can get pricey so i need to start searching now.

I'm sure it's a long shot but does anyone have a good tank for sale here? Where might i have a chance at finding one? I've read in other threads something about non-oem replica tanks. Can anyone tell me about these?

Thanks in advance for any help you guys can give me.

·
Registered
9,515 Posts
Talk to Todd (Tmas) and get the contact information for a Chinese reproduction ZB50 tank.

You will not find a NOS Tank under $600 if you can find one. Last one went on ebay for over $700.00.

After you paint a Chinese tank, nobody will be able to tell the difference. There are people here who sell the ZB50 logos as well.

Or, have your tank fixed and coated if needed. If your tank has already been coated on the inside, if there is any flaking, redo the inside. Lots of Web Articles on this. Do not use Kreem Brand. Use Redcote or the Por15 stuff.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
(MSR is on vacantion until the 16th of september according to their site)

Look for skyteam pbr 50/90/125 (or st90 as you call them)

·
Registered
25 Posts
I just got mine last week from Arno. 129 Euro delivered to my door ($164). Worst part is waiting four weeks to get it....:(

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just got an email back from Arno with pricing, i'll have to mention the guys from this site. He quoted me alittle higher than what he quoted you total with shipping.

Thanks again!

Edit:

nvm, my buddy have me the wrong exchange rate. He quoted me $164.10 with standard DHL shipping.

·
Registered
25 Posts
kdog did you ever end up getting your tank? Just go around to shooting my tank the other day. While I was at it I did the front and rear fender. I used Carbon Effect Black which is a factory Suzuki color I always liked; it has a nice metallic look in the sun.

Attachments

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
brynbaily said:
kdog did you ever end up getting your tank? Just go around to shooting my tank the other day. While I was at it I did the front and rear fender. I used Carbon Effect Black which is a factory Suzuki color I always liked; it has a nice metallic look in the sun.

Looks great!

I have not ordered the tank from Arno just yet. I've made a couple other orders for parts before i bought this. But this is my next major item to buy.:)

·
Registered
25 Posts
I hope to get this thing going before it gets real crappy out. I've already sunk more money into it then I had planned for a Chinese bike. I bought it to ride while the ZB is more of a resto project.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts