PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
ZB50
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been made aware of the Japanese Monkey R’s left clutch lever built into the turn/horn control and am trying to find it.

Parts are: 53178-165-B10,53178-165-B10, and 53179-170-700.
If anyone knows a source I’m hunting. CMSL is sold out, sadly.

In the meantime, can someone share some suggestions for a narrow clutch lever assembly that I can squeeze onto the left handlebars to get me by? My current ablution involves a messy cut grip and I don’t like the idea of it.

·
Super Moderator
10,940 Posts
This is what has been done in the past. Mine is the top one and I had to grind the perch to make it fit.
d0n did the lower pic.
tmas

·
Registered
ZB50
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here is my newer set up. I found a Honda that used the same perch.
Thank you for the pics. I think sliding the light switch assembly over and grinding the clutch perch to fit is my best bet. I am trying to avoid modifying anything OEM.

Do you recall which bike you got the light assembly that has the clutch lever mount that is compatible with the ZB50? I have only found the Z50JT so far and can’t find the part. Seems most/all have the yellow horn button.

Thanks again!

·
Super Moderator
10,940 Posts
Do you recall which bike you got the light assembly that has the clutch lever mount that is compatible with the ZB50? I have only found the Z50JT so far and can’t find the part. Seems most/all have the yellow horn button.
Not sure off the top of my head. That was years ago. If I think of it I will get back to you. What are you doing to your ZB?
tmas

·
Registered
ZB50
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I swapped in a Piranha 140, but am trying to not do any permanent modifications to the bike so I can reverse it back to stock with relative ease.

I like the clean look of the Honda clutch lever built into the switches. My current clutch lever is mounted in a pretty sketchy way. My new hunt has begun.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Look at parts from Honda mopeds/scooters from the late 80's.
Tmas' setup looks like one that I bought a couple years ago for a Z50.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts