PlanetMinis Forums banner

ZB50 1988 No Spark

3K views 37 replies 4 participants last post by  davmo 
#1 ·
Hello Everyone

So I been working on this bike for almost 2 month now. It was in very bad shape when I got it. I disassembled the engine cleaned all the parts, carb etc checked harness put all new connectors. New spark plug, ignition coil, replaced CDI and stator (replacement stator is also used OEM part bought on ebay), but cant get it to spark. Not even when I pull the spark plug out and place it on engine to check for spark. nothing.
I recently noticed that the flywheel barely moves when I try n kick-start. Sometimes there is no movement at all and once in a while it make about quarter of a turn. is that normal?
Any ideas?

#35 ·
Some other thoughts. When carbs have a lot of gas resin, it usually means the petcock was leaking over an extended period. A lot of times the tank strainer, hose, and petcock will have a lot of resin as well, and need to be soaked and checked for fuel delivery. When you open your petcock, fuel should come out in a steady stream. If there is any dripping, check it again, there is either some restriction or a bad gas-cap vent. It should fill the carb bowl in less than 30 seconds. Also, if your tank has a lot of resin, the new gas will slowly dissolve it and make the gas bad within a couple weeks.

#36 ·
Hi Davmo
thank for your message. Some interesting info there regarding the petcock. It is defiantly leaking, specially on the "off" position. It keeps dripping on OFF...
Got it to run yesterday, after we plugged two hoses on the side of the tank (one drain and other air) . After we kicked it again, and success! I was running and kept running :))
Also the gas - cap is something i probably need to look at , since the original cap has been replaced with a very crapy plastic one, with doesnt really fit. ...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.