PlanetMinis Forums banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
It is hard to tell for sure, but I still believe the small gear under the clutch is not fit correctly. It looks like it might be in there upside-down. There asr splines on the back of the clutch that the gear must fit into, and on some models, the gear is slightly tapered to fit in those splines. Take the clutch off and fit the gear to the back of the clutch, and put it back on the shaft held together.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
It is hard to tell for sure, but I still believe the small gear under the clutch is not fit correctly. It looks like it might be in there upside-down. There asr splines on the back of the clutch that the gear must fit into, and on some models, the gear is slightly tapered to fit in those splines. Take the clutch off and fit the gear to the back of the clutch, and put it back on the shaft held together.
But that can't be the reason why engine keeps dying no? It seems like Engine turns over fine now, but we pushed started it and it ran for a moment. Just couldn't keep it going.
I understand I should penalty lol at the clutch again, but I but for now I just want the motor to run...

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
My guess is a fuel problem too. Open the carb drain screw and see if a steady stream of fuel runs out.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Hi Everyone,
so just quick update. So finally got around to look at the carb. Took out the jets and guess what, completely clogged! Held it against light, couldn't see anything, could not blow any air through it, let alone push a wire though it. So we soaked it for 24 hours in some kind of acid (we currently in Germany, so dont know the equivalent US/ Canadian product for it). Checked it again today, but still clogged. Then took some vinegar and baking soda, soaked it another or so and tried again with wire brush. Repeated this a few times, and finally managed to push the wire through. We're still repeating the steps, to completely free up the jet from what I imagine is hardened fuel (from sitting so many years).

So, this is where we at right now. Fingers crossed this will finally do the trick.
Cheers

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
Be sure to get the small holes on the side of the pilot jet. Your carb should also have an emulsion tube on the main jet that is sometimes overlooked when cleaning. It has to be pushed out with a small piece of wood like a pencil, or the plastic end of a micro-screwdriver. You will see the small brass ring the main jet needle goes into looking down the barrel (where the slide goes,) and that is what you need to push.

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
Some other thoughts. When carbs have a lot of gas resin, it usually means the petcock was leaking over an extended period. A lot of times the tank strainer, hose, and petcock will have a lot of resin as well, and need to be soaked and checked for fuel delivery. When you open your petcock, fuel should come out in a steady stream. If there is any dripping, check it again, there is either some restriction or a bad gas-cap vent. It should fill the carb bowl in less than 30 seconds. Also, if your tank has a lot of resin, the new gas will slowly dissolve it and make the gas bad within a couple weeks.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Hi Davmo
thank for your message. Some interesting info there regarding the petcock. It is defiantly leaking, specially on the "off" position. It keeps dripping on OFF...
Got it to run yesterday, after we plugged two hoses on the side of the tank (one drain and other air) . After we kicked it again, and success! I was running and kept running :))
Also the gas - cap is something i probably need to look at , since the original cap has been replaced with a very crapy plastic one, with doesnt really fit. ...

21 - 38 of 38 Posts