PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Trying to get my Z50R road bike project off and running but need a little help. I have a 12v XR motor and am basing my wiring setup off the ZB. My one problem is that I need a picture of what I ZB stator looks like. My XR has two wires (blue/yellow, black/red) stock and after I wrap the stator, will have another (white I think). Now, where does that 4th wire come from? It is either white or yellow and goes to the regulator. Please let me know if you can help

Thanks!

Anyone have a ZB stator kicking around:)

·
Registered
9,515 Posts
ZB50 stators are obsolete.

Hint: They share the same stator as the 1991-1994 CT70. Last time I checked with American Honda, the quantity of those was very, very low so they may be obsolete by now as well.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I figured that. Figured I throw that in last minute:)

Really looking to get a picture or some knowledge on what I need to do to get mine rockin.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
God bless the internet. THANKS!!!

So it looks like its just a matter of soldering on another wire. Cool.

I am sitting at work right now with a wiring harness from a PA50, 8 different diagrams printed and the one I redrew on my big screen. People think I'm nuts over here!

·
Registered
9,515 Posts
The 12V Honda Monkey units are still available and will work as well but have a couple of extra wires. So all is not lost if people don't want to make their own or can't find the ZB/CT units.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cool, I think I'm going to give it a go and wire up my own. Nothing like DIY!

Still, want to get it right the first time.

Any idea what one would cost new?

·
Registered
9,515 Posts
66Cooper said:
Cool, I think I'm going to give it a go and wire up my own. Nothing like DIY!

Still, want to get it right the first time.

Any idea what one would cost new?

I'll have to look it up but they weren't cheap and have to be sourced out of Japan.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Can anyone tell me if the wire diagram I made for wrapping a stator above is right? If not, would like to correct for myself and for others as reference.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I based it off your pictures. Maybe I got it wrong or am not seeing it right.

Yes the pickup (BLACK) coil is on top. The red ones are the ones I would be wrap. What seems wrong to you?

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Can you please send me the image (gstegman2002 at yahoo dot com). I can't open the thumbnail. If the green wire is connected that close to the yellow, that does not match. I can't see if you are showing it going underneath or a connection. I only see y,w, and b/r connected on my part. The blue wire on mine runs to the little black unit opposite the pickup.

Perhaps they changed the colors over the years but we should be able to get the connections correct!

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
gstegman said:
Thanks, I think I messed him up with the first attempt.:(

Nope you're doing all you can and that's more than most. I love little details like this. The seemingly crazy question that no one can answer, and then someone steps forward. You're a credit to the hobby. We need more answers like this. ;)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.