PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I am paying the idiot tax for not storing my minis correctly. Things got crazy with work/life so they just sat. Today I decided spend some time on the ZB. Long story short everything in the carb was a mild mess. Not horrible but stuck float and both jets clogged.

I got thing reasonably clean but not perfect. Scouts honor, no choke, didnt touch the throttle and she fired first kick! This motor has been that way since day one hot or cold.

I do have oil leaks seemingly everywhere. Even the oil cooler is a mess.

I have also struggled with rear brakes from day one. My theory is the rearsets side loads the master and takes out the seal. I hope its not my caliper because I am not sure where to find one. I am going to throw a cheap master cylinder on there and see what happens.

I also need to ditch the zip tie on the rear shock reservoir馃槑.

It needs odds and ends but its a runner!
F43BDD09-0AE5-4646-B930-8E9C277578DF.jpeg
583E0B13-E380-4973-A232-92779E830166.jpeg

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Dang nice ZB. Got one in garage but not nearly the bike that that one is. Cool scoot.
Thank you, It鈥檚 an older build thats showing its age. Going to try and resolve the rear brake issue and some other stuff tomorrow. I never really built a tail on this bike and that has always bugged me. Trying to get it ready for an inspection so I can get a plate.

I have enjoyed you Z50 build, when you are ready we should do a wrench/ride/bbq day. I can host in Frisco if its not too far for you and Davmo.

Registered
Frisco is pretty close. A lil moto get together would be fun. Digging your other rides too. Nice collection.
Rick

Registered
Yes. Please. A Davmo hosted Elvi mini moto show shine wrench lunch bs moto bomb ride day would be fun!!! Never got to go to one of the ones in the past - work commitments and all, but it sure does look like fun. Me and my neighbor are in!!!

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
I like to see others reactions to a mini mob! Sounds like a blast!

I spent some time on the back brake to no avail. Swapped the NSR master and bling reservoir for a Chinese version. Tried using a giant syringe to push fluid from the caliper up, no joy. Then I tried from the other end by cracking the banjo bolt/switch connection and at the brake line into the caliper. Got fluid at both but no pressure.

I cant find my vacuum bleeder but I suspect my caliper is bad. I guess I could block off the brake line to see if it builds pressure but I am otherwise stumped.

Super Moderator
Quite possibly the puck is frozen in the caliper? Have you tried compressing the pads against the puck with a c-clamp with the reservoir cap removed?

Registered
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Dirtbkr188, Thanks again. I pulled the caliper, pushed the puck, and gently blew from the brake line to bleeder side. I now have some rear brakes, not as firm as it should be but will lock the rear tire at full throw. I seem to have and endless supply of tiny tiny bubbles. I suspect I might be sucking air at the brakelight switch. I will try some fresh copper there but progress for sure.

Thanks again.
2BADA302-A4CE-4650-887F-91E417724F40.jpeg

Registered
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks gentlemen, The goal tomorrow is an oil change, trouble shoot headlight/tailight, and horn (blinkers work sort of) I want to see if I can pass an inspection then get a license plate.

I went for a putt around the neighborhood and had a blast!

Registered
Discussion Starter #15
Today I fiddled with electrical. Hid a little gell cell battery under the tank so stuff works without the bike running for inspection. Anyone know if headlight has to work without the bike running in the fine state of Texas?

I remember spending a ton of time on my rear brake light/plate/blinker mount during the initial build. It slides into the sub frame and is strong, just not pleasing to my eye. Im not sure how I would do it differently but exploring different options
1AFF223F-4879-4B36-AA42-0C2A86605C1A.jpeg
D2106C88-4A84-4EE2-A754-CB4007392727.jpeg

Registered
I got a motocross based bike inspected a few years ago. You will need insurance on the scoot - basic liability is fine. Bike needs: headlight, combo license plate light/taillight/brake light, blinkers (if equipped from factory), horn, rear view mirror and functioning brakes. Basically a "safety" inspection. Once inspected, you can take your title, insurance and proof of "passed" inspection to registrars office - pay their fee and they will send you a new Texas plate in the mail. Legal. Headlight just has to work with bike running. Rick

Registered
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks you sir, I read the regs but found them to be somewhat vague. Much appreciated.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts