PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 84 Z50R front and rear fenders are cracked and abused and might not make the cut in the half-assed restoration. So far...all i can see for options are to buy more used beat up ones on ebay...or buy new ones for like 100 bucks. Neither of them are looking good. Is there a site that has better prices on repro plastics?

·
Registered
9,515 Posts
That's a good question. I don't think anyone makes reproduction plastics for the Z, as before the XR50 came along, there was 3 vendors selling Z50 parts on the Internet.

Honda Trail Bikes

Classic Honda

Northeast Vintage Cycle (www.hondanuts.com)

I hope I'm mistaken, but I think your only option is Honda. Spend the coin and get chrome fenders for that bike and ditch all the plastic parts!

·
Registered
695 Posts
G'Day,

there must be manufacturer out there. you can find $$$expensive$$$ plastics at:

http://www.monkeybike.co.uk/acatalog/Z50R_Off_Road.html

Jincheng replica fenders (plastic) come in black, red, chrome and they should fit a Honda. check with the Panda importer or any vintage bike / replica parts importer in the USA about availibility of replica fenders.

in case you like to change the look of your Z50, find some Jincheng Cross Replica plastics.

·
Registered
4,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

What do you guys think about that combo? Right around 50 bucks. Better than the 90-100 that trail bikes...or classic(dont remember which) wants for theirs. I could also get the original style rear fender...but i like the "sport" look.

·
Registered
9,515 Posts
Thor,

Man, I completely forgot about the Jincheng Plastics. I have a plastic pair in black, brand new takeoffs, yours for $15 plus shipping. Original style.

PM me your email and I'll send you some pictures.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.