621 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Things are happening...

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #84 (Edited)
Too many options

The build list so far: These are things I have or have on the way.
+ Minimoto +3cm frame older style modded to late model body work mounts. Also take tank mount to clear big carbs. This does mean you run out of gas before the tank is completely empty. Maybe with the back end is raised later this will be diminished
+ TBparts KLX110 type forks kit. I have modded this kit for better fit. welded the brake plate adapter to the brake plate and welded a spacer to eliminate juggling the washers while putting the axle in. still needs front number plate mount.
++ First generation Zokes 35mm
+ YX149cc honda style engine
++ Also have a YX160 basket case with V2 head
+++ Daytona 150 Anima
++++ Daytona 190 Anima
+ Minimoto rim supports
- Cheapo ebay china 320mm shocks. These are not going to stay they suck
+GM-MOTO +16cm swingarm #mky-00086 webike. I thought the +10cm was going to be too short for the Anima engine
+ GM-MOTO 235mm axle #mky-00001-235 webike to fit the swingarm longer rear axle required
+ Shift Up 190mm Honda Wave disc from #201053 webike. For front brake. May go bigger if using 12" front wheel
+ Minimoto brake caliper single pot #1598 webike For front brake.
+ Minimoto 45mm ID clamps for monkey #2984 webike. Modified to 45/48 to fit zokes
+ MiniMoto front hub for monkey fits nsr rotor/wave #4009 webike. had to order 15mm ID bearing and modify the bearing spacer for the zoke custom axle in the works
+ Minimoto rotor for nsr hub 155mm #4323 webike. this is later for rear disc brake
+ Minimoto brake rotor bolts #1035 webike
+ Daytona wheel offset spacer 2mm #91500 webike. Using on front so far for zoke custom setup.
+ KTM 50 or 65 front fender and number plate. I have ordered both
+ VM26mm Carb kit TBparts
+ FMF CRF50 4.1 exhaust that I was mangled when I bought it. Cut it up and made it fit the Z
+ CR85 front brake master cylinder
+ Renthal medium half waffle grips
+ Skyteam 2.75-8" solid cast Aluminum rims from ebay. Thinking about going 10/12" versions of these
+ added lower chain roller to frame
+ Have a cradle kit but its so junky I don't know what I will do with it. perhaps after later frame mods I'll use it.
+ Mika tall minibike bars
+ other misc bits and pieces I had already from the stock mod at the beginning
+ Custom front axle material and drawings made. just need to cut and weld... also order a m14x2 thread die

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
Added a few bits and worked on the fit of a few parts. Rode it some. Steering is too fast and twitchy. Lowered forks in the clamps and it helped some. Needs more rake to slow it down. Started fitting a 2016 KTM 65 front number plate but did not finish yet. Off to pick up a Foes framed CRF50/Daytona 190 in the morning

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
You would be better off with forks with a centered axle. Wheel diameter is to small for this setup, too little "naloop" (can't come up with the right word right now)

About the angle in that brake cable, yikes :shocked2:

edit: naloop(dutch)=trail

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
For a fix that straightens out the cable and moves the brake arm and cable behind the front shock: [h=1]The Dirty Memphis; Vegas or Bust[/h] I used to make these adapters for this front fork combo until Honda Trail Bikes started supplying a curved cable. If interested, I can show you how it was made.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
And he went too far...

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
Thanks for the info. I'll probably stick with what I have and maybe add the longer Taki brake arm. That is a cool bracket mod for the straight cable. The bent cable kind of solves it, the cable is pretty well on target. What I could not figure out is what they want you to do with the nut that comes on the brake cable end. If I left that on there the thumb nut won't be loaded by the spring via the shaft the cable passes through. I took the nut out so it loads up like other similar designs.

For a fix that straightens out the cable and moves the brake arm and cable behind the front shock: The Dirty Memphis; Vegas or Bust

I used to make these adapters for this front fork combo until Honda Trail Bikes started supplying a curved cable. If interested, I can show you how it was made.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
I've been dropping the forks down and brought the bars back. Its getting better. I want to get my other Anima 150 engine rebuilt now that I got to ride an Anima 190 vs YX149 back to back.

You would be better off with forks with a centered axle. Wheel diameter is to small for this setup, too little "naloop" (can't come up with the right word right now)

edit: naloop(dutch)=trail

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
Found a picture of a Z50 with the 10 inch tire I plan to run on the rear.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
Soon... getting very close to a Zoked, 12/10" wide tire, Anima 150 powered Z50

To do list for first ride on zokes:
+ Front Brake line
+ Straight peg mount
+ Intake/Carb
+ Front fender mount
+ Rear brake shoes

Will need attention:
+ Custom brake pedal
+ Chain guide
+ Frame cradle
+ Rear disk brake conversion
+ Frame brace

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #93

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #94

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
The nickel and dime list keeps killing my motivation. Need to get this bike going so I can ride. The weather is about to be good.

·
Registered
110 Posts
50race earlier in your thread you mentioned getting a +16cm swingarm but your thread title says +10cm.
Which swingarm did you actually use for the racebike #281 shown in your most recent photo ?

Have you considered nitros oxide ? If you dont get it your bike will look like it is missing something.
Turbo chargers are just too fussy.

Anyone know of a source for smooth dragster slicks for 8 inch wheels on the Z50 bikes ?

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
50race earlier in your thread you mentioned getting a +16cm swingarm but your thread title says +10cm.
Which swingarm did you actually use for the racebike #281 shown in your most recent photo ?

Have you considered nitros oxide ? If you dont get it your bike will look like it is missing something.
Turbo chargers are just too fussy.

Anyone know of a source for smooth dragster slicks for 8 inch wheels on the Z50 bikes ?
Most recent pictures are with +16cm swingarm. I have not found a way to change the thread title or I'd update it. I earlier had the +10cm on it and after a test ride with 150cc decided to get a +16cm.

I have put a turbo on minibike before just for fun. The racing I do and most do does not allow power adders.

I do offroad dirt riding almost exclusively. But, quick google search has slicks for 8 and 10" rims

·
Registered
110 Posts
Most recent pictures are with +16cm swingarm.
Race50 - do I successfully see the name GM-MOTO etched into the side of your swingarm ?

I am guessing your bike now weighs 125 pounds dry. Have you weighed it recently ?

Regarding the swing arms.... I've been looking at several but for several I have acted like I already had one
and was attempting to get a new rub strip for the chain since my original was worn out and so far no one can help
me. Maybe we could fabricate our own but I dont have any firm ideas as to how I would do it.

81 - 100 of 116 Posts