PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are z50 wheels a direct fit on to the crf50? I'm thinking about parting out my big forks, swinger and shock, and making a stunt 50, and would like the solid wheels. Are they much wider? What problems could I encounter? Thanks.

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
J-Seekz said:
Are z50 wheels a direct fit on to the crf50? I'm thinking about parting out my big forks, swinger and shock, and making a stunt 50, and would like the solid wheels. Are they much wider? What problems could I encounter? Thanks.

only thing you need to do it make some spacers, and they'll fit

·
Registered
681 Posts

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
the z wheels are 8" and wider than a stock crf. I'm not sure about the back but i just put a 80's z wheel in some sp5's and had to grind down the brake plate and the little stop for the brakes for the front. So you will need either z forks or to figure something out for the front. The link to the xr thats not the roller has z front forks on it.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
i would think it would be better for stunting because its a wider rim. so it would provide more width making ballancing easier. you just might have to mod some stuff to make it work with stock forks if you can. The tires for a z are usually not very agressive to begin with. so im not sure what tires you would want to run but i think you could get scooter tires maybe just try and google 8" tires or something possibly a vendor on here could get you some not sure tho

·
Registered
11 Posts

Here is mine now. I've been trying to sell it for monthes, and instead of getting ripped off, I'm thinking of returning it to stock form and stunting it. I'll have to get rid of alot of parts, but i have most of the stock stuff still. My plan was cheap one piece wheels, but now i dont know..

·
Administrator
10,755 Posts
Hey Jer,

Yes, that is an XR70 swingarm for clearance, I had the brake panel tab moved closer to the rear axle hole, to use the Z brake panel. And yes, it is my bike, its used mainly for parling lot brawling with a few friends.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts