PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question to you guys who have 90's Z's, and have done a longer swingarm and aftermarket shocks... is it worth it? Do the shocks actually offer somewhat of a feeling of rear suspension? My 93 Z is going to be my stock bike for next year, and I will probably just leave the stock stuff in the rear unless its worth upgrading, so I want to hear from the guys that did it and then took the bikes into the dirt to play with the upgrades.

If you have a picture of the setup your using, all the better too. Up front I have derlin bushings and F50s stiff fork springs with stock legs.

·
Registered
485 Posts
I have +1s up front and xl70 shocks in the rear and it is a huge improvement over stock. And its fairly cheap.

·
Premium Member
5,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sounds good guys... seems like most guys are just putting the XR80 swinger on instead of buying an aftermarket one huh?

·
Registered
49 Posts
SDF said:
The +4" (xr 70/80) swing arms with some 330-340mm shocks (approx 3" travel)

work great,

as you'd expect the bikes much more stable with the longer wheel base,

and can actually take some jumps without bottoming out .

Pic and wee vid :smile:

http://www.planetminis.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=44123&d=1228600065

Monkey clips on Vimeo

Nice ride... I'm in the process of making a similar setup. What did you use for handlebar risers? Are those a stock item off another bike or are they aftermarket? Thanks

·
Registered
66 Posts
ballzee99 said:
Nice ride... I'm in the process of making a similar setup. What did you use for handlebar risers? Are those a stock item off another bike or are they aftermarket? Thanks

Cheers,

The bar clamps are just some old pit bike ones that I had laying around,

I did have to modify the underside of the top caps to match the curve on the

bars as the original holes in the top fork clamp make the bar clamps sit slightly wide.

:smile:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts