PlanetMinis Forums banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Very cool was curious what was going on inside these mufflers. Looks stock but I am sure it doesn’t sound stock!
This is the first time I cut one of these open. Someone posted up a picture of one of these a while back, but the entire insides had been removed. There is that short section of small diameter pipe that appears to be the choke point for the system, and the end of the header is crimped down pretty good. With those sections gone and a straighter path, it should flow a lot better than stock.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Looks awesome and I am right with on the sleeper side. I’d did something similar with my 84. I bought a “stock” looking monkey pipe that was designed for up to 125cc and after a bit of fab work, was able to run the stock muffler guards. I love it because the top guard wraps around the number plate. Like your, it just looks right!

How do you like those shocks? I have the same set on my dirt R. I was a little disappointed with the travel...or lack there of. I originally bought the 330mm version and I think all they did was hack off a bit of the travel and spring to make these. On the road, I’m sure they will be great. I was hoping to hit some doubles with mine!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Looks awesome and I am right with on the sleeper side. I’d did something similar with my 84. I bought a “stock” looking monkey pipe that was designed for up to 125cc and after a bit of fab work, was able to run the stock muffler guards. I love it because the top guard wraps around the number plate. Like your, it just looks right!

How do you like those shocks? I have the same set on my dirt R. I was a little disappointed with the travel...or lack there of. I originally bought the 330mm version and I think all they did was hack off a bit of the travel and spring to make these. On the road, I’m sure they will be great. I was hoping to hit some doubles with mine!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Yeah, the original guards make all the difference as far as appearance. I love the idea of a sleeper bike, where it looks stock to anyone not too familiar with these bikes, but still hauls ass. This is the third set of these shocks I have used, with the other two going on some friends bikes ridden primarily on the street. They seem to be pretty much a street stiffness and suited to adult sized riders, but other than the backyard, I didn't get off road.

·
Registered
13 Posts
that s nice ! what spray are you using for the clutch cover ? and how did you the wheels so nice ?

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
that s nice ! what spray are you using for the clutch cover ? and how did you the wheels so nice ?
Honda cloud silver available from a Honda Powersports dealer. Mostly lawnmower and marine stores that are authorized Honda dealers can get it. I use it for the side covers and wheels. It will run easily and has to be sprayed in thin coats. To get the absolute best finish, mount the wheels on a hub that can be spun quickly and spray it while spinning. Some of the wheels on these bikes like the blue soft tail are aluminum from Honda Trail Bikes.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts