PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone
Question , I have 4 z50s , each has been rebuilt, problem I'm having is while kick starting they all slip at the end , I rarely get
A full kick out of each one of them , all clutch plates and disc are in good shape , and I'm using the correct oil , I know I can't
Be the only one that has this problem, any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks. 816

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
If you have not replaced the clutch springs, that would be next. If it is a larger displacement engine, you might want the heavy duty springs. If you want to make a sure, quick change, get the Honda Trail Bikes heavy duty clutch and be done with it.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did purchase the heavy duty clutch springs , there is no way they were going to fit , they
We're way to large , it was the correct part number it called for but springs would not fit .

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can you tell me the part number for the heavy duty clutch , and the part number for the heavy duty springs from TB . 69-80 Z50 Thanks

·
Registered
205 Posts
Hello everyone
Question , I have 4 z50s , each has been rebuilt, problem I'm having is while kick starting they all slip at the end , I rarely get
A full kick out of each one of them , all clutch plates and disc are in good shape , and I'm using the correct oil , I know I can't
Be the only one that has this problem, any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks. 816
One thing to keep in mind is that theses are essentially kids bikes and a full kick from a 200lb adult will slip the clutch every time.

I would suggest trying to kick lightly and see if that helps.

J4F

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
Here is the number for the HondaTB clutch: TB Heavy Duty Clutch Kit - All Models - TBparts.com

For the springs alone you may have to look around a little, but I usually find a set of Vesrah brand springs. To be honest, it is so much easier to just drop in the complete HD clutch with all the new screws, locking plate, clutch nut, pilot bearing, primary gear, gaskets, friction and steel plates, main springs and damper springs, and know you are 100% rebuilt. You can save a little money buying the things necessary for a rebuild, but you will not save much, and if you were replacing the complete list of parts above, you would not save much at all.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts