PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if xr50 fork springs are the same as z50 fork springs. I am pretty sure they are exactly the same but just wanted to know for sure. I am looking at buying a set off of ebay, ebay item number 170106088524. Has anyone ever used these before? Are they decent quality? They look like a good buy to me. Just looking for your guys 2 cents.

·
Registered
10,012 Posts
i think the Applied racing +1 springs are the best deal

they push the forks all the way out so they are one inch longer, not really longer, but they stick out farther

i run the Applied's in my 96

you need delrin fork bushings too

·
Registered
10,012 Posts
the legs do not match

the xr/crf legs have a hole for fork guards, and the right leg needs to be put in the left fork tube, and the left in the right on a switchout. the brake is on the opposite side for each, and the tab has to put on the correct side to hold the brake. but yes, you can interchange the legs and spring assemblies

·
Registered
23 Posts
I just did that on my 96. I used those +1" springs w/ delrin bushings and +1" xr fork tubes. It looks to be a perfect fit with the xr80 swing and 330 springs in the back. Do any guards work with the xr tubes? I would like to find a red set.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the help. I am going to try them out and see how they work. The final thing my bike needs is a good front end. My rear suspension is already set up with xr75 shocks and a 2" extended stock swingarm.

Does anybody know anything about stiffening up the forks? They are very flexible and bend easily/ Is there anything i can do to fix it or stiffen it up a bit.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have some fork stiffeners that just drop down the middle of the front tubes. I bought them to stiffen up my bike, but they don't fit down my new aftermarket tubes. PM me if you want them.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well both my fork legs are bent on my z50. The right side (one without the brake lug) i just flipped it 180 degrees and the left side is still bent. They are in usable condition and are only bent slightly but would probably have never bent with those stiffeners. I could pound those stiffeners in there and that would probably straighten them out. Do the stiffeners rattle inside the fork legs.

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
I agree. Just get some chromoly legs. I did. I haven't ridden them hard though, but just looking at them, they seem a lot more beefy. The walls are thicker everywhere except where they need to mate to the springs.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I Have a 1974 Z50 that I bought 1" longer than stock and 60% stronger than stock from minibikebikesprings.com great service and great springs Highly recomended.

Z50 Hondas there not a hobby There an Addiction

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.