PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an engine that I picked up from a friend in exchange for some parts. It came out of an old Chrome Special Edition z50. It feels like it has good compression although I don't know if it runs. The points and flywheel are all there but no ignition cover. I don't know what to ask for it. If anyone is interested just let me know and I will try and get some pics of it. If you need the #s off of it for authenticity I can get those also.

I was going to do a build w/ it but I would have to swap out the crank for an updated version and put in a different stator. I just don't want to do that to a vintage type engine. Hopefully someone can give it a good home.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think $150 shipped would be fair. I am not trying to break your bank here. I just don't want to see it go to waste sitting here. I am pretty sure it would run. I just don't have the time to throw it in my frame and check it out. Even if it needs a top end you should be able to get one from dratv for $100. I also have a newer model crank I could throw in for another $30 if you wanted to go that route.

I have seen locked up engines sell for more than this b/4. I just saw an 88cc engine on Ebay that didn't run sell for over $400. Now that was crazy.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Found out it's an old z50 engine w/ the 3 down tranny. I am going to put a tb 88 kit and 70 head on it and replace the crank w/ an updated model and throw in a lighting stator. Anyone be interested in it then?

Of course the price will go up a bit.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
$300-350 shipped depending on carb and other things. It will have 90watts of lighting power. You should be able to run 2-35watt headlights, brake/taillight, and blinkers

I'll relist it in the classifieds once built. I'll update this page too.

·
Registered
16 Posts
hurry up and build this already, think I broke my chinese engine:rolleyes:

excuse my ignorance, but will it be points still or cdi? and is the stator 12 volt or 6?

wondering if it will work with the cdi wiring harness coils and stuff on my 6volt pitbull?

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
it will have a china stator w/ lighting coil on it. putting a newer crank in it to get rid of the points system. I am waiting on the correct rings for it right now and it will be back together.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.