PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I need another set of eyes on this countershaft keeper combo. The holes do not line up and if they did the splines on the keeper and sprocket would line up and allow the sprocket to fall off the shaft. The supplier says they have seen it before when the motor has been changed but I am fairly certain it is the original and no one has been inside it. I tossed the old sprocket while waiting for the new one. Any ideas of what to do. I hate to return it only to get another with the same issues. My bike is a 86 z50r.

thanks,
Rich

Attachments

·
Registered
444 Posts
haha this is epic i actually had the same problem last week. i ordered a sprocket and the keeper didn't come along. I went to my local shop (and where i work) to get the keeper because the Chinese keepers are bigger compared to the stock Honda z50 sprocket keeper. i have a Honda keeper know in my stash so you would need the chinese keeper. the inner diameter is the same however the eye to eye is bigger

·
Administrator
10,667 Posts
Did you try the other set of holes on that sprocket with that keeper? You know you have to install the sprocket first, then the keeper is installed and slightly rotated to lock it onto the countershft and matched up to the holes.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies.

I did try both sets of holes. Spacing is too wide on one and too narrow on the other. In both cases the splines on the keeper and sprocket line up if I could stretch or shrink the keeper. Any idea where I can get the right keeper which looks to be the 35mm one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.