PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently building my medina ttr and haven't dropped the motor in yet. Does anyone skip mounting the provided oil cooler/lines? At this point I am thinking there isn't a huge difference in running the cooler and not running it. But this is my first new build/new motor so I am only assuming...I'm also wondering where you mount the 2 lines from the cooler, I noticed 2 bolts very close to eachother on the clutch side of the motor underneath, is that the corect 2 ports?:confused:

Anyone with experience or thinking the motor will definitely benefit from the cooler then let me know! Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
seth399 said:
Anyone with experience or thinking the motor will definitely benefit from the cooler then let me know! Thanks in advance.

the oil cooler isn't that great I have a 178cc that i run on outdoor mx tracks with no cooler.

·
Registered
301 Posts
seth399 said:
I am currently building my medina ttr and haven't dropped the motor in yet. Does anyone skip mounting the provided oil cooler/lines? At this point I am thinking there isn't a huge difference in running the cooler and not running it. But this is my first new build/new motor so I am only assuming...I'm also wondering where you mount the 2 lines from the cooler, I noticed 2 bolts very close to eachother on the clutch side of the motor underneath, is that the corect 2 ports?:confused:

Hey bro...I would DEFINITELY run an oil cooler. I havnt actually took temps to provide you with an accurate temp change, but think about it. It HAS to cool it somewhat, and you already have it....so why not use it? A cooler engine (even if just a little cooler) is a happier engine, and happier engines last longer ;-) You are right, on the clutch cover side, you will see to bolts that are right by each other. Thats where your lines go. It doesnt matter which one goes where, because the oil cooler works both ways. Id run it man, cant do anything but help you in the long run.

·
Banned
2,803 Posts
^^+1 if you have it you might as well use it.. will cool it a little bit and would be worth it if you have the cooler and lines but if you dont i dont think its to neccessary to buy one unless you bore it out

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cool good points guys...I totally wasn't thinking about the volume as well which always helps. I use a bigger oil filter on my truck for the same purpose:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts