PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have like 400 bucks to put into my sons yz 85 it has excells asv tag bars fmf fatty what else can i do to it

·
Registered
4,688 Posts
Pal said:
have the head ported

Um.... I dont know if you would plan on porting the sparkplug hole... or maybe the stud holes. Hmmm :-?

My point is its a 2 stroke. How fresh is the motor?? Sometimes just doing a top end will bump your compression back up enough to make it feel like it has twice the power. Otherwise... save the money and put it towards the next bike.

·
Registered
5,975 Posts
A v force reed is one of the best bolt on mods for the money that you can do to that thing. It will help throttle responce alot.

Having the cylinder ported will help as well, i dont think that is really needed unless the rider is pretty fast. If your son is competitive the cylinder will give him a edge over the stock bikes.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
My son just moved up to a YZ125 this year and we had YZ85 before that. Put a V force on it port the cylinder mill 5 or 10 thousands off the head a pipe silencer and jet it right. Other than that maybe revalve the suspension and tell him to hold it wide open. Because the Yamaha YZ85 run best on top end not a bike with very good low end. Just my two cents!!!

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
Hey guys! Not sure if you all noticed yet, but we have a 2 stroke forum here now, let's use it for questions like this.

If you want to look for more power out of that 85, check out the Lukes' and Athena big bore kits with V Force reeds. --L*64

1 - 16 of 16 Posts