PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im picking up this bike on Saturday, Are there any vin# links around for these vintage minis? The seller says its an 1981yz60 but side number plates look older. I guess i can messure cyl, bore? Any info on the differences between the 50 and 60 would Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire Tire Auto part
be awesome.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Im a bit rusty on the 50 and its real tough to tell much from that one pic. If you check on the right side of the steering head and on the left engine case under the carb looking from the left side that's where the serial numbers are located. I don't see an engine for this bike anywhere in the pic but if its there and the two numbers match exactly then its original to the bike. YZ50 was made in 1980 only and the serial number starts with 3R0 . YZ60 was made from 81-83 and the serial number starts with 4V0 . A great place for parts and schematics to the bike can be found at 1981 YZ60H Yamaha Motorcycle Parts . Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.