PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I might have missed it somewhere but I doubt it. I read just about every YX thread on this forum and I haven't seen what I'm about to ask...What are the different of the shelf cams that are available for the YX150? I might be taking this for granted but I figured all the YX150's that have been produced are all sporting the same cam. Right or wrong?

I guess I should be a little more specific. Were there cam's produced just for the YX motors or is everyone using KLX cams (Up-grade or hop-up)? If the KLX cam is the option what is the name designation for each cam and what are their performance characteristics? Like I have said many times before I can be a little slow so I hope I haven't confused anyone to much :D

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
Well the best cam for the stock non-roller head would have to be the stock yx. And the best roller head cams are the s35's.

But really "the best cam" doesn't exist. It all depends on your motor setup. Even tho everyone prefers the yx cam on most setups.

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
357 Racing said:
Well the best cam for the stock non-roller head would have to be the stock yx. And the best roller head cams are the s35's.

But really "the best cam" doesn't exist. It all depends on your motor setup. Even tho everyone prefers the yx cam on most setups.

ohh sooo true....

The YX Cam is the biggest thing out there for production pieces in a KLX head.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Done and done! I'm not the type to change motor parts just because. Now the frame...different story. Now that that question is answered it's time to move down the motor kind of like a cheap, grainy, bad music, no acting triple X flick from the 80's. HUH where did that come from? Dunno but it sounded funny before I typed it lololol I guess the motor does look like a phallic symbol hahaha OK now you're blind

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
The Nutty Professor said:
Done and done! I'm not the type to change motor parts just because. Now the frame...different story. Now that that question is answered it's time to move down the motor kind of like a cheap, grainy, bad music, no acting triple X flick from the 80's. HUH where did that come from? Dunno but it sounded funny before I typed it lololol I guess the motor does look like a phallic symbol hahaha OK now you're blind

I have what he's having and make it a double...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.