PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
2002 xr70r 2001 xr80r
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any experience with the yx140 engine? If so is it any good? I want to swap my xr70 with something but without breaking the bank. But I also don't want to be stuck with some Chinese garbage engine that I can't by parts for. Any info would help 馃檪. Thanks.

Registered
Yx140 is a great all around motor. Parts are cheap and it shares parts with the yx150,yx160,yx170. Yx170 has a differnt head along with the yx150-yx160. You would do good with an oil cooler on this motor as they run hot(have to rejet bike generally too). If you change the oil every 10 hours(700ml-900ml depending on if you have oil cooler or not.) I have a yx160=yx140 with bore up kit and better head) and i rebuilt the motor with new transmission and piston for 125 bucks straight from china off amazon. The motor was 7 years old before i did this and it really didnt need it as i just trail ride but did it out of boredom as my pandemic project. Motors are super easy to disassemble as there just bigger ct70 motors in design. Hope this helps

1 - 3 of 3 Posts