PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry, can't find what I'm looking for by searching the forum.

So I know the yx cam basically fits, just needs some machining to get it in, right? What are the parts I need to change from stock to yx cam and what mods need to be done? which yx cam is it?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Seems like my problem is solved already, I'll get a new yx head.

Is it bolt-on with the yx cam wheel? I want to try running it with my stock carb / stock mod airbox / stock mod pipe / 130cc engine, will it run at all with bigger jets? Don't have the money at the moment for a bigger carb or a pipe.

·
Banned
1 Posts
imported_JackLHyde said:
Seems like my problem is solved already, I'll get a new yx head.

Is it bolt-on with the yx cam wheel? I want to try running it with my stock carb / stock mod airbox / stock mod pipe / 130cc engine, will it run at all with bigger jets? Don't have the money at the moment for a bigger carb or a pipe.

NOOOOO! Use the KLX cam sprocket. YX has the wrong number of teeth, and will make one revolution before going to hell in a Happy Meal.

Good call on getting a YX head, though. Much bigger valves and ports than a KLX. You would spend a fortune making the K head flow as good as a stock YX.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Somebody just told me the intake doesn't fit. Stock is on the right side, yx on the left side. Is that true?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts