PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help with the wiring on my friend's street LXR with the YX 160.

He bought a wiring harness from Pitster Pro to remove all of the lights and signals and it was supposed to be a direct replacement.

I hooked it up how I thought it would go, but it isn't working.

Looking at some of the wires on the 5 wire connector it doesn't appear that the same colors go to the right spots? Could that be my problem or do I have something else hooked up wrong?

Attachments

·
Registered
4,276 Posts
Very simple,, unplug the votage regulator (the finned aluminum )and plug that connector into the CDI box , as well as the battery (the black and red wires are plugged into) ,, take the regulator and the battery behind it off the bike,, BTW,, is the bike an LXT or LXM?

·
Registered
765 Posts
i had the same thing happen. i just used a tiny screwdriver popped the little wire ends out of the plastic end and switched them so the colors matched. took like 5 mins after that problem solved

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Matified said:
Very simple,, unplug the votage regulator (the finned aluminum )and plug that connector into the CDI box , as well as the battery (the black and red wires are plugged into) ,, take the regulator and the battery behind it off the bike,, BTW,, is the bike an LXT or LXM?

The CDI box only has two wires. One red, one black with a female connector. The voltage regulator has 5 wires: red, yellow pink black and green in a female connector. There is a corresponding plug on the wiring harness that has a green, black with red, black with yellow, black with white and blue with a male connector.

From the case there is a black with red, green, blue with white, and two yellows.

I am not sure what goes where.

·
Registered
4,276 Posts
bsundell71 said:
The CDI box only has two wires. One red, one black with a female connector. The voltage regulator has 5 wires: red, yellow pink black and green in a female connector. There is a corresponding plug on the wiring harness that has a green, black with red, black with yellow, black with white and blue with a male connector.

From the case there is a black with red, green, blue with white, and two yellows.

I am not sure what goes where.

Call me at Pitster,, you seem to have the cdi box confused with the battery,, that has the red and black wire on it.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Matified said:
Call me at Pitster,, you seem to have the cdi box confused with the battery,, that has the red and black wire on it.

Matt, you are the man. Thanks for the help. When I was taking off the old wiring harness I got the battery confused with the CDI. I was expecting it to be bigger like the Lifan and Z155 box, but it was a lot smaller.

Thanks again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts