PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my nsf100 is done , so is my kx65 mini moto , so I guess its time to start a new project. My hybrid ( ogx 65 ) frame broke racing this weekend, I yard sailed the thing . So I'm gonna use the parts for my ysr that has been sitting in the corner of my garrage all summer collecting dust .( the motor that was in it wasn't legal for club )

So here we begin the madness

1987 frame , braced swinger, ogm forks ( heavy oil and springs ) , fox shock , gsxr damper , sass ported kx 65 motor , pro circuit exhaust , nsf bodywork, kx caliper and master, braided line, much more too .

·
Registered
256 Posts
hammer_213 said:
So my nsf100 is done , so is my kx65 mini moto , so I guess its time to start a new project. My hybrid ( ogx 65 ) frame broke racing this weekend, I yard sailed the thing . So I'm gonna use the parts for my ysr that has been sitting in the corner of my garrage all summer collecting dust .( the motor that was in it wasn't legal for club )

So here we begin the madness

1987 frame , braced swinger, ogm forks ( heavy oil and springs ) , fox shock , gsxr damper , sass ported kx 65 motor , pro circuit exhaust , nsf bodywork, kx caliper and master, braided line, much more too .

Any more (complete) details of the OGM fork conversion to share?

Looking forward to the progress of the build. That lil' KX65 should go in quite easily and is going to be fast as hell :thumbup

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Had to make a small top hat shim for the larger ysr bearings. Other than that they bolted right up , I the flipped the rotor upside-down so it was closer to the wheel ( there was still room for kx65 caliper) I had to shim the axle holes at the pinch bolts to house the smaller ysr axle . Let's see ........ I made wheel spacers and spacers for the offset on the caliper. I used 2005 yamaha r6 clipons . Need to make a fork clamp for damper.. I also made axle blocks w/ spool sliders, ill get some pics wen I get more done ....

·
Registered
256 Posts
hammer_213 said:
Had to make a small top hat shim for the larger ysr bearings. Other than that they bolted right up , I the flipped the rotor upside-down so it was closer to the wheel ( there was still room for kx65 caliper) I had to shim the axle holes at the pinch bolts to house the smaller ysr axle . Let's see ........ I made wheel spacers and spacers for the offset on the caliper. I used 2005 yamaha r6 clipons . Need to make a fork clamp for damper.. I also made axle blocks w/ spool sliders, ill get some pics wen I get more done ....

What bike did the forks come from (and year) and what did you use for the triples, top and / bottom?

Sorry for all the questions. Oh, btw, I am sure a LOT of the peeps on YSR50.com would be very interested in seeing this conversion as well ;)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hey Hammer, What about the motor from you NSF? You know I'm going to do something to my F1 bike for next year. Do you got anything good that I could use?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I got the stock exhaust , that could help if you put a xr 100 motor . I'm sure fireman would love to help ya dial that motor conversion in no prob . My nsf100 is gettin nothin but bodywork repair and new sticker kit . It's dialed.

·
Registered
256 Posts
looking forward to seeing the updates. More especially after you modify the KX65 exhaust to fit your conversion ...... if that is what you plan to use :thumbup

·
Registered
388 Posts
hammer_213 said:
So I'm gonna use the parts for my ysr that has been sitting in the corner of my garrage all summer collecting dust ( the motor that was in it wasn't legal for club ).

What exactly does that mean ( the motor that was in it wasn't legal for club )?

·
Registered
14 Posts
racer69dude said:
Hey Hammer, What about the motor from you NSF? You know I'm going to do something to my F1 bike for next year. Do you got anything good that I could use?
Bobbi, tally here.

I purchased a NSF100 since I sold the KTM65. the original owner had removed the stock cylinder, piston, cam, pipe, dash, etc.. for upgrade to BBR120 with big air.

If any of these items are of interest to you let me know. Almost everything is in near perfect shape. Also have an extra CRF front end, triples, and front wheel (still assembled in dirt style) if that helps you. Not sure which particular bike (YMM).

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm gonna get rockin on this turd ASAP... been a busy winter.. gotta get a fresh topend in my kx65 mini moto so I got somethin to race , the nsf is dialed in ...

It will be fun swapping between the ysx65 and the kx65 for f2/3 and 4/5 ... still maybe thinking of a bbk for the kx ... just Dono .

Updates soon ....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts