PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
1,043 Posts
There are a few aftermarket extended swing-arms. But all are discontinued to my knowledge. But you may be able to find one second hand.

But here is a few. There TRC is the cheapest. The JLF and CWR were $500+ when they were available.

Team Calamari Racing

JLF

CWR Performance.

Id recommend stretching it your self for finding some one to help you. Iv done quiet a few and its not that hard. The stock arm (as you know) is way too short. Depending on your set up a +1 1/2" - 3" is good. I wouldn't go over 3".

Hope i helped.

~Shawn

· Registered
1,043 Posts
Here is a few pics for ya.

YSR CWR swing arm. I made a few custom carbon parts for.

Here is about a +2" YSR OEM Swing-arm.

Here is a +3" YSR swing arm. I did not do the stretch, it was perviously done buy someone eles. I added a TRC swing-arm brade (that i under braced) , im boxing it in for a friend. Its not done but will be powder coated satin balck when it finished. But here is the idea.

~Shawn

· Registered
1 Posts
I'm new to the site. I had a year 50cc I used to fly around on. I'm 5'1 85 lbs and one day riding to work in the rain I ended up in an accident. A car cut off the truck infront of me so he hit the brakes hard and so did I. My back tire lifted up and over forcing me to jump off before I went head first into the trucks bumper.

My question is I want to buy another after 10+ years but I'd like to figure out a way to make sure this doesn't happen again. I a guessing it was due to sliding on the wet pavement and the short wheelbase. Does anyone think getting an extended arm put on the new one I get, will make it unlikely to have this happen again or if it won't really help and it was my fault for using the front brake too much.

Thank you for the help. I guess any suggestions on any other bikes would help. I'm a woman and don't want to ride with the big boys. I drive city, need a low, light bike, but enough power to get me up to 80 for short periods occasionally.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.