PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys think about the colored lettering? I decided to make a decal to go over the "BBR" this way I could do it in any color and change it up when I changed my plastics. The silver is just a test cut to see if it fit right and what I thought about it.

YES/NO? I'm thinking it will look good in red or carbon fiber.

Then I found some bar ends from when I had a street bike. so I figured hell why not stick them on the fiddy. So a half hour later..(drilling the ends and hand guards) and this is what I got.

figure it will at least save the handguards some what. lol

I'm undecided on the bar ends but I think im going to keep the BBR lettering and just do it in red or CF

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Do you have access to a vinyl cutter or something? I could use some (negative/stencil) stickers for a planned paint job..

Bike looks awesome by the way DC. I like the silver decal. Maybe a smaller set on top of the silver, in red? Or, black on top of red or silver? Just a thought..

·
Registered
93 Posts
The rolling chassis in a whole looks great and a piece of vinyl over the BBR is a nice bit of fit and finish. I’m not to sure on the color as well but I think you have that covered.

·
Registered
4,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thats not the cvolor im useing.lol

the guy at work was cutting some stuff out of silver so I got him to do my BBR to see what it looked like. looks like the bar ends are comeing off. lol

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
DUde the carbon fiber would be so sick on the lettering, cause it would be subtle and give your bike that extra little touch that isn't too loud. It would be one of those things that you notice after you've seen the bike a few times and then the sun hits it just right.

As for the bar ends I'm not a fan unless this is a motard build up

·
Registered
4,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
magiksc said:
DUde the carbon fiber would be so sick on the lettering, cause it would be subtle and give your bike that extra little touch that isn't too loud. It would be one of those things that you notice after you've seen the bike a few times and then the sun hits it just right.

As for the bar ends I'm not a fan unless this is a motard build up

The bike is going to be for both, I have a set of rims for strret and a set for dirt. I'm thinking i'll just stick the bar ends in during motard this way when I crazy the bike is up taht extra bit. Plus the hand guards wont be hitting the pavement the bar ends will.

·
Registered
4,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
VillainMotorsports said:
Damn dude! that lettering is a great idea! looks really cool, the bar ends though....not so much. Might be cool to try to put a Canadian flag over the American one (Not dissin' The states at all)

It's funny that you say that cause I was chillin in my room and looking at my bike trying to figure what else I could do to it..the it hit.....F*CK I should have asked BBR to engrave a CDN flag instead of the american one.

That would have been expensive but worth the money. How tight would that be.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Have you thought about maybe sanding the BBR so its bare aluminm then maybe polishing it or painting it like a anadized red color. The sticker looks good from far away but I think as you got closer it would be more apparent that its a sticker.

And as far as colors i think red would be the best. I dont' think carbon would really stand out and I don't like how carbon stickers look so fake. The red would go with the axel blocks and hubs.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.