PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
YCF Big Mini Pit bike - 17"/14" wheels, Daytona 190cc engine, 10" travel fork, etc

I think this bike would be the perfect "bigger mini". It's made by YCF and the model is called "Big Mini" comes with different engine sizes and components, but they all have 17" front and 14" rear wheel. The top of the line "big mini" model comes with a Daytona Anima 190cc 4 valve engine, Engi Front Forks 780mm in length (instead of 730mm like normal midsize pit bike forks), Elka rear shock, etc.

Looks like it would be an awesome "mini bike" for riding on full size mx tracks and would probably be a better alternative to a lot of the "bigger minis" we see people making on here like klx125/kx85, xr100/cr85, ttr125/yz85, etc suspension conversions and big bore kits. These trails bikes (klx125, ttr125, xr100, etc) used for the conversions are usually heavy and slow and even with bore kits most of these trail bike engines are still limited with how much power you can get out of them, especially when compared to the hop up potential of klx110 engines or yx160 pit bike engines. I bet the daytona 190cc anima puts out more power stock then you could get out of the most hopped up klx140, ttr125, xr100 engine. Plus the frame on this bike is probably way stronger and the bike as a whole is most likely way lighter too.

I have seen other chinese pit bikes with 17"/14" wheels and they usually look akward like the wheels are way too big for the bike and it looks like all they did is take the standard midsize pit bike and swap the wheels. This YCF model is one of the first ones I have seen (besides the pitster lxr fourteen) that doesn't look akward and seems like the frame, swingarm, fork etc. are actually sized correctly for the bigger 17"/14" wheelset.

The only issue is I haven't seen any YCF pit bikes, or this "big mini" model available anywhere in the US. Does anyone have experience with these YCF bikes? Is the quality as good as they look online? Any dealers in the USA? If not, is there any YCF dealers overseas that would ship to the USA?
These bikes Rip I had a 2020 YCF BIGY 190cc Daytona. It has adjustable suspension so you can tune it to your weight. I just ordered another one. Its basically the same but I ordered a 2021. I live in California. They take a bit to arrive but well worth it. I'm use to CRF450 power and this BIGY is fun. Going to slap on the 212cc kit on the new one.

·
Registered
04 CRF70 03 XR50 05 CRF50 04CRF70
82 Posts
These bikes Rip I had a 2020 YCF BIGY 190cc Daytona. It has adjustable suspension so you can tune it to your weight. I just ordered another one. Its basically the same but I ordered a 2021. I live in California. They take a bit to arrive but well worth it. I'm use to CRF450 power and this BIGY is fun. Going to slap on the 212cc kit on the new one.
Are you able to register the YCF’s in California?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was a pain in the butt but I was able too. You will just have to jump through some hoops and use a sharp knife to cut through the red tape. Just lucky I know someone that could do it.

·
Registered
4,290 Posts
What is the deal with getting a bike tagged out there so you can ride at glamis legally? How the heck to the tag a banshee lol.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What is the deal with getting a bike tagged out there so you can ride at glamis legally? How the heck to the tag a banshee lol.
depends on the year of your banshee. If its a 2002 and below you can get a green sticker and they have to honor it and at any OHV park.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts