PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im thinking of doing this hybrid. Would it be faster if I got the 88cc, 20mm carb, Race Head, and the 117 piston, Compared to the 125cc?

Would it work? What would the cc be? 128?

·
Registered
4,688 Posts
I am thoroughly confused as to what you want to do. I'm assuming you are talking about the xtreme 125 engine that uses honda stud spacing?

If thats what you men... I'm pretty sure it still runs a 78mm tall cylinder. If that is the case, you are probably limited to the stock bore... or the biggest that you can bore the stock cylinder.

If you bore the cylinder to 54mm (like the 117) you could run that piston assuming that it runs a 13mm wrist pin with the same deck height as honda builds. You could then run the TB race head, but you would want a bigger carb than a 20mm on an engine that big. Probably a 26 or so. There is probably no good reason not to just run the head that comes on the engine though (cam it up). It might actually have the bigger valves in it (23/27)? I looked quick on the xtreme web site and didn't see it. If its running the 23/27 valves... you would need to shop around for a different piston.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.