PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello All.

Just purchased what I was told was an XR80 for my kid. I got a pretty good deal on it as teh bike needs riings and a valve adjustment.

So when I got the bike home I started looking it over. First thing I noticed was that the spark plug threads were gone. Which to me is no big deal and a pretty easy fix. However this led me to looking at the engine closer.

While starting to look it over I noticed the engines serial number did not seem to match what I was told I was purchasing. The serial number on the motor is, XR75E-1507636. Which I believe makes it a 1978. So far as the frame goes, I have been unable to find any markings (where should I look to find it). There is no tag on the head tube.

I do think the frame is from a later. I am pretty sure some of the body parts are. And I dont think the kicker is right eiither.

·
Super Moderator
10,019 Posts
Looks more along the lines of an early-mid 80's XL80, with the larger fuel tank. The exhaust and kicker look to be from an XL, as well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Once I saw the engine was out of place I figured everything else would be as well. No big deal though still basically the same bike. I only have $200 in the bike so far, and it will make a great starter for my kid.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts