PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was recently given a 1990 XR80 by the father-in-law. Did a carb clean, spark plug, etc and she runs great after sitting for years... It's great to put around the pits, or to the neighbors to drink a beer. Haha. But It's sketch after dark, so I'm looking at a headlight..... So far the best looking options are the ones made by polisport (link below). My question is has anyone installed one of these on a later model Xr80 or 100? How was it? My BIGGER question is where would I wire it into? I'm pretty good with bikes, but kinda shitty with electrical knowledge haha so I'm not sure where to go with the wires... Any suggestions? I assume I would have to tie the new wires into some other wires somewhere? Or could I run the light to the ignition box and plug it up there somehow? Any help is greatly appreciated . Sorry for the length....

Headlight link http://www.motosport.com/polisport-mmx-headlight

· Registered
158 Posts
Look's like Electrosport sell a stator with 100w lighting coil on it, i'm pretty sure the yellow is for lighting/power
You will need to run a regulator if you have AC lighting, or a battery regulator/rectifier if your have DC lighting
Buy New Stator Honda XR80 / XR100 / CRF100

Does your stator look like this, if so it may have a lighting coil now

AC regulator

DC Full Wave regulator/rectifier

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.