PlanetMinis Forums banner
101 - 120 of 154 Posts

· Registered
321 Posts
I posted pictures earlier in this thread but here is a repost of pictures with my finished 1976 Honda XR75 RC Replica. It came out really cool and I had it on display in my home for about a year and a half. I just sold it on ebay to Pete Fox (who is the CEO of Fox Racing) and he told me that my XR was going to be displayed at his headquarters in Irvine, CA. How cool is that! Enjoy the pics.

View attachment 91677 View attachment 91678 View attachment 91675 View attachment 91686

View attachment 91682

Very Cool resto!!! seems appropriate for the 76 model...

· Registered
321 Posts
this is my 1973 XR75 K0 I found this bike in 1985 the owner of the local NAPA auto parts store here in my home town bought it new it took me till 2010 to buy it ! stored in a dry building from 73 to 2010 id say the bike has less than 10 hours ride time on it points have never been set original tires are wore some but is due to a paved driveway being the only place it was rode at all !

I think the best bikes out there are the unrestored originals I bought my 74 and my 78 years ago under somewhat different circumstances, the 74 appeared to have been laid over pretty hard on the exhaust side early in it's life and parked after that.when I picked it up it ran like it was just off the showroom floor! the only time I rode it was on the test ride. that was 18 yrs ago.It's acquired some oxidation from where I first had it stored, but that will easily clean up. the 78 runs the same but has aftermarket plastic on it. both bikes still have their factory lables and warning stickers on them.I considered them collectible when they weren't years ago...

· Registered
31 Posts
over the past few years restored bikes have been very popular but ones like mine are very neat too , I will not restore mine I am gonna clean on it detail it may replace say a few nuts and bolts but the main parts of my XR75 will stay like it is , I like the little bike I had a 1975 XR75 when I was a kid and have had probly 50 or 60 XR75's in my life but this is the best one ive ever had , LOL this one is in better shape now than my 1975 model one was in 1978 LOL

· Registered
324 Posts
I just found this little guy on craigslist......I don't understand why he would of had this for 4 weeks and no bites? It has the original fenders (not cracked) and most of the original parts, it starts on the first kick. I had to drive over an hour but talked him down to $150!
I plan on installing a new seat cover, throttle cable, new air filter, a few "oe" fasteners and new handlebars. I bought it so cheap I thought I would keep it and have fun with it!!

· Registered
31 Posts
I have cleaned and detailed the whole bike replaced the levers and the points cover , that's it don't sound like much but it has taken me a while , this bike has less than 8 hours total ride time the points have never been set ,,

· Registered
591 Posts
Has anybody ever done an XR 75 with inverted forks and/or disc brakes
Funny, I just came to this thread just then to see if there were any modified XR75's with modern suspension ... couldn't see any.

Thread gives me so many memories of my xr75 when I raced it ... memories of the sweet note, very flat torque curve, revving it into oblivian and slamming it through the gears - it coped a flogging but held up so well. I can only remember ever changing chains, sprockets and fork seals.... and lots of brake linings !!!

· Registered
1 Posts
Hello, new guy here. I have a problem with little Honda's and get myself into trouble with my wife from time to time by dragging home bikes or pieces of them. Here is my 1977 XR75 and my unrestored-100% original 1982 XR80 that I made a major score on. I grew up on the little Honda's and my kids are doing the same now.

· Registered
1 Posts
Hi all! Im brand new to the forum and hate to revive such an old thread, but these XRs have me so hyped! I just picked up a "barn fresh" XR75 from '73 and am gonna do my best to get it up and running again. All of your bikes are so inspiring!

It turns over and has great compression but no spark. Wish me luck!

Anyone got tips on where I could find a flywheel cover for the '73 motor? I found one on eBay but its well over twice what I payed for the whole bike.
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Car

101 - 120 of 154 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.