PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been reading the site for a while, and I have to say the amount of info here is really incredible. I do have a question that I couldn't find by searching though. For you guys with xr70/xr75 forks, do you have them revalved or put different internals in them or anything? I want more travel than the stock fork on my fiddy, and seeing as though I'm 6' 2'' and 220 lbs, I don't think a stock fork off a 70 or 75 would work out very well for me. Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
There is no way those forks are going to satisfy you. Go order up some Stavrons/Stratos forks. :twisted:

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are they THAT bad? I really can't spend that kinda money on Stavrons or Bombshells, I have a low 12 sec Talon to maintain :twisted:. I know there is some work involved with making these older style forks work, but that bothers me less than spending $800-1000 on a fork.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
The 75s arn't even worth the time to put them on and trust me I know. Just wait for Vince a.k.a. SkinDoner to come out with his forks. :wink:

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
I still say spend about $530 for either BBR SP-5's or Sik 50's forks and just put thicker fork oil in them, I think you will be very happy with them.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
From looking through the gallery and just searching in general, it seems like a good amout of people do convert mr50s and old school xr forks to use for adult abuse... errr I mean use. Are you guys against these old forks because of the effort to make it work, or because of other reasons? I'm not going to be racing, so I don't need the high dollar stuff here. I will be riding mini tracks and doing occassional dirt jumping. I mean at this point, the stock xr70 fork would have to be better than my stock pogo sticks...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.