PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you that have done this mod. What did you do for the brake cable mount close to the hub? any close-up pics would be great to give me an idea on what I gotta do.Also what brand springs should I put in it with the sp-5 mod?I dont want some that are too stiff.

thanks

Rob

·
Registered
61 Posts
The Ktm forks will work great. You will need tapered roller bearings for the to fit though. There is a guy on ebay that has the whole front end up for auction. The best setup is to get heavy springs from KTM $12. Then get the race tech fork emulator. I put one in my sons ktm and it made a huge difference. I will sell you a complete front end including 12" front wheel, disc brakes, bar mount, and bars. The whole thing for $1000.

·
Registered
117 Posts
im bidding on those forks now...... thats an awesome deal...... wish i had the $$$$$ and id buy it from you. where can i buy the springs and other stuff that i need for mounting it on a 50? and whats an emulator? thanks alot.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hopfully your bidding on all the peices. It is like a puzzle, missing one peice and it doesn't do you much good.The springs can be bought at any KTM dealer. If you get the forks let me know and I will get you the part number. The front brake setup for the fork is about $500 at a dealer. It is a sought after item in mini racing so they don't come up used too often. This is the first one I have seen on ebay in over a year.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey dezmo did the triple clamp fit right on? or do I need to grind the weld and press out the steering stem?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.