PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
who has pics? who can tell me what exactly i need to do to make the carb fit under the gas tank? I already turned the manifold so i am out from under the frame, but i am hitting the tank with the throttle tube. are there shorter tubes for this application?

thanks

tommy

Pics would be awesome!!!! also maybe a link to a how to if its available.

·
Registered
596 Posts

thats what mine looked like when it had a stock crf70 motor in it, it fit fine, just had to get a small airfilter to fit under the frame.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
my air filter isnt the problem. It is the cap and tube the throttle cable goes through. I have already planned on shimming the tank up, but I didn't know if there was anymore advice on messing with it. I will try and get pictures up tomorrow after work when there is some light. I am going to be picking up a new carb for it eventually, but I am just trying to make do with what i have right now.

·
Registered
72 Posts
i have a dumb question, is there any difference between the crf 50 and crf 70 engine, other than the bore size and intake manifold?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
mx rider said:
i have a dumb question, is there any difference between the crf 50 and crf 70 engine, other than the bore size and intake manifold?

The bottom end is the same, but the jug and head are bigger and the carb is about three times the size of the stock 50 carb. and it does pull quite a bit harder on the 50 frame.

·
Banned
1 Posts
And, Choda Boy, the oil pump is higher volume, the primary drive gearing is about 10% taller, the clutch has a lot more clamping weights, beefier con rod and crank pin.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts