PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need everyones opinion pleaseee!!!!i been searching for the past month and i think i found a way to make a 1996-2000 xr70 look like a new style crf70.a 2001-2003 seat to cover up the whole tank and not leave a gap on the newer tank...and a 2004-2009 crf70,crf80,crf100 gas tank...yes crf70-crf100 are all the same gas tank size and shrouds,here is a picture of a 2000 xr70 seat fliped over, and a 2003 xr70 seat fliped over please give opinion..thank you very much!!

sorry there backwords from each other its all i could find

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
b-dub675 said:
i put a crf70 tank shrouds, and front fender on my 2003 xr70 and there is still a gap in between the seat and tank

hmmm:confused:.... thanks for letting me know about that..does it look okay? i think ill still put an 03 seat on because the 00 seat is way shorter. what do you think?

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Brach19 said:
mine is an 01. with a crf tank shrouds and front fender

very nice bike!!looks like it has alot of nice mods to!..i never heard of someone changing the tank with the 1996-2000 im gona try it though because i really like that look!

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
I think the xr 70 look good with stock plastics here are my 2 old xr's i used to ride ,i sold the red one and i still got the white one which im going to build in to a retro racer with updated suspension and bore kit,i've already got the new graffix of honda as they still sell the graffix kits for them and the stock seat is like new after i gave it a good clean up........:cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
BUZZ 50s BROTHERHOOD said:
I think the xr 70 look good with stock plastics here are my 2 old xr i used to ride ,i sold the red one and i still got the white one which i going to build in to a retro racer with updated suspension and bore kit........:cool:

nice bikes man! whats a retro racer?

·
Registered
426 Posts
buzz i gotta 97 xr70 also..but i hate the look..and white plastics get super dirty and stay dirty ..i could put new graphics on and it never look like that but u know..anyway..i ordered a +2 50 frame and some crf50 plastics,seat,and gas tank but am keeping the 70 front end and swingarm :D..ill show yall how that build ends up..im still going to call it a 70 though since its an original 70 motor hahaha:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
basically its a old bike with modern parts,im leaving the look of the plastics and frame the same ,as mine is a 1997 xr 70 and i'll be fitting some new forks possibly ktm 65 ones with the stock ktm 65 front wheel and get the hub powder coated black and a bbr +5 crf 70 perimiter swing arm powder coated white and a new excel rim in silver with a fast 50s billett black rear hub and hd spokes and the stock drum brake powder coated black as my 1997 xr 70 has black hubs not like the newer one's which has silver hubs...engine wise just a 106 and a stock looking modded exhaust....:cool:

1 - 20 of 67 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.