PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought my girlfriend a 70 for an early christmas present, but it runs like crap. Anywhere past a quarter throttle and it sputters and wont idle when you want it too. I cleaned the carb out well and put new (89 octane) gas in it. Could this possibly be a carb problem? I noticed theres an idle adjustment and mixture screw. Any instructions?

Thanks for any info!

· Registered
8,875 Posts
screw the air adjustment all the way in and then back it out 1/4-1 full turn....somewhere in there is where it should be...adjust the needle on the slide if need be....if still runs like crap, your pilot circuit is still clogged.......also check plug gap too

· Registered
3,415 Posts
Mine was the same way when I bought it. I tried cleaning the carb like 5 times, flushed the gas tank, changed the fuel filter, put a fresh plug in, bought a uni filter and messed with the screws for days. I had to buy a new pilot jet in order for mine to run right. It went from running like crap to running tits with just that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.