PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, recently I picked up a 2002 XR50 & to be honest I haven't even rode the thing yet. It got taken apart already in my buddy's garage. We are doing his XR & mine over winter. We have a track in his backyard with jumps, birms & some rollers. I have a couple of questions regarding suspension though. I will be keeping the stock fork, frame & swingarm length. I will also be keeping the engine stock. I weight 165-170 lbs. My buddy has an Ohlins rear shock & BBR front fork springs in his. Is there any recommendations out there for an adjustable rear shock & some good fork springs? I saw a couple on EBay called FastAce? Is this a reputable shock? I haven't found any reviews on it whatsoever. Any help out there would be great!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was looking at the Fox Float Rear Shock although I really can't justify spending the money right now on a shock that is that expensive. Also like I said, I do not want to alter the height of the forks so plus one fork legs are not an option for me.

·
Registered
824 Posts
If you really want to keep stock height you could always do stiff springs in the front with HD bushings. I would check the Planetminis classys for a used (name brand) rear shock. Peeps are basically giving crf50 parts away in the classified section. Weather sucks now anyway, so keep checking the used parts section on here until you find a great deal. trust me, you wont have to wait very long.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
if you don't want to change the height of the bike then pretty much an aftermarket rear shock will change the height of the bike, maybe look into getting a BBR rear shock spring and a pair of HD springs for the front with some good bushings like Danny21 had stated

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.