PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys this is going to sound like a really dumb question, but I am putting together a 2002 xr50 and when I put the forks together and on, after tightening the nuts, they are still kind of loose.

So what all pieces go on the stock forks? Like the bearings(2) and what else slides down on the stem before tightening?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the whole thing it kind of moves a little inside the neck of the frame.......

and bearing races, im not sure what they are like I said, im kind of just learning as i go.

·
Registered
7,611 Posts
well, if you did not remove the races from the frame and steering stem and you are not missing any of the small ball bearings it should go back together fairly snug after you screw down the stem securing nut.......use some axle or wheel bearing grease to help keep the little ball bearings in place

·
Registered
82 Posts
I just replaced mine, I think I have a pick. Just slide everything on from the right to the left. starting with the big rubber cap!!

·
Registered
82 Posts
I just redid the springs in mine. Here is a pic of the bottoms. All you do is install everything you see here from right to left starting at the Rubber fork caps!! Hope this helps!!!

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts