PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, this is my first post here I just joined to talk with all of you because I'm having some issues. I bought a full out modded xr50. It has all the fixings on it, 70 forks billet extended swing arm 88 kit bbr bars 12 in rims and hydraulic disc brakes you name it it's got it. Anyways, the manual clutch kit was fine up until yesterday, started getting hard to engage and would actually stall out some times if you pulled it in. Took the cover off to reveal the clutch nut was loosened up and came off. Figured this was my issue but there was also a bunch of metal chunks in the oil and tons of metal shavings too. Put it back together with the nut tightened up and same issue, ride it around the block with the screwed up clutch and blew something out of the side of the clutch case. Haven't taken it apart yet. Motor runs great no noises or knocks tons of power so I know this is a clutch issue. I hate the idea of the manual clutch on my bike. Pit bikes in my mind should all be semi auto. My question to you guys is what's the cheapest way to convert back to semi auto? I've done a little bit of research and found I will need the stock cover, shift shaft, primary drive and driven gears, clutch assembly itself and a few other odds and ends. Will Chinese 110 or 70cc guts fit in my bike? It would be hell of a lot cheaper that route

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
find yourself a stock xr50 clutch that someone has swapped for manual should be loads its needed for larger cc engines ;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts