PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 3 of 68 Posts

· Registered
2000 xr80, crf150rb, CT70 with Honda 110 motor
3 Posts
Heres a few shots of how I did it.

This was round one with the CR shock fully modded...

And here's round two: set-up with the WP shock...

ST that is a beast. The fabrication work is brilliant.

So mere mortals like me need to work with more street level stuff...

I hear you when you say there is no way the crf150r or cr80 rear shock will work effectively ( the shock might be made to fit but the linkage etc means the travel quality is poor)

I want to fit CRF150R 14/17 wheels which gives me choice of excel rims and obviously disc brakes front and rear. (over the stock xr80 wheels)

So what would you say if the plan was:

1. Move the shock mount on the XR frame upwards (how far exactly?)

2. Use the crf150r swingarm (which one on the xr80 frame - R or RB - which is what 20mm longer?) and cut off the link mounts and weld them to the flip side.

3. Use a KTM 65X WP shock to direct mount to the re-welded shock mounts so it's a PDS style

Really my question is should I use the RB swingarm or the slighlty shorter R swingarm? How long is the swingarm you used on your awesome xr80 hybrid?

4. Should I gusset the XR80 frame after doing this work to it?

5. With respect to the crf150r forks, how much should I have them lowered by to level out the bike and work with the KTM65X shock?

· Registered
2000 xr80, crf150rb, CT70 with Honda 110 motor
3 Posts
Old post you are replying to but got to admit after riding and xr100 with 110 motor upgrade last weekend I so get why the Cr 80 suspension would be a blast !

I run long travel suspension on both a z50r and xr50 and they are awesome, have an xr600r as well, but a mid size was so much fun. Last weekend I alternated between an xr200r and an xr100 on tight trails, the owner was just as pleased to ride either as I was. The smaller wheeled 100 was so nice on the tight trails, only lacked travel on the big hits but by the end of the day when you were tired it was the most manageable bike, and we both agreed on that.

Xr 100 with cr80 suspension has my vote.

On a side note Xr100 brakes were lame, think that was a owner's issue as 200 also had drums but they worked fine. Disk however is the way to go, no brainer there.

Darrie

One of the benefits of fitting the 150r forks, is that a 450R front caliper can be used. This is another great mod.

1 - 3 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.