2000 xr80, crf150rb, CT70 with Honda 110 motor
Heres a few shots of how I did it.
This was round one with the CR shock fully modded...
And here's round two: set-up with the WP shock...
ST that is a beast. The fabrication work is brilliant.
So mere mortals like me need to work with more street level stuff...
I hear you when you say there is no way the crf150r or cr80 rear shock will work effectively ( the shock might be made to fit but the linkage etc means the travel quality is poor)
I want to fit CRF150R 14/17 wheels which gives me choice of excel rims and obviously disc brakes front and rear. (over the stock xr80 wheels)
So what would you say if the plan was:
1. Move the shock mount on the XR frame upwards (how far exactly?)
2. Use the crf150r swingarm (which one on the xr80 frame - R or RB - which is what 20mm longer?) and cut off the link mounts and weld them to the flip side.
3. Use a KTM 65X WP shock to direct mount to the re-welded shock mounts so it's a PDS style
Really my question is should I use the RB swingarm or the slighlty shorter R swingarm? How long is the swingarm you used on your awesome xr80 hybrid?
4. Should I gusset the XR80 frame after doing this work to it?
5. With respect to the crf150r forks, how much should I have them lowered by to level out the bike and work with the KTM65X shock?