PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hondasaki

I built this for my wife, but she doesn't ride it enough.So I race it in Pitbike races! Its a stock XR100 engine in a big wheel Kaw 80 frame.Jemco made the pipe.I customized the Kaw airbox to work w/ the XR carb.The bottom half of the frame has been re-made and powder-coated.It handles very nice, but is a bit slow.

Attachments

·
Registered
132 Posts
xr80david said:
Not to be mean or anything, but aren't XR 100 motors way slower and less torquey than CR85 motors? I have a CR85 and it smoked my friends 100...

Thats why people BORE it out when they do the conversion. I seen many with the Kitaco 145 bore, that suckers rips!!! and can keep up wit the 85

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
guys guess what i got today my friends brother has a friend with a 1999 cr80 it has a blown motor so he gave it to us to do a conversion with and it just so happens i have an xr100 engine could this get an better

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
man can someone help me out on this i have been doin alot of research and it looks like this project takes alot of money and it ery difficult can someone help me how how hard is it and if u have the rollin chassis and the engine what do u do after that

·
Registered
132 Posts
You have to remake the frame and the part the bolts to the engine. Shoulda researched more. Its ok, thats why we have forums. I know just the place to, go to ThumperTalk and make an account, start a thread on it or search it up there. Trust me, MANY MANY people have done very nice conversions on thumpertalk. Hope this helps and c u on thumpertalk!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Conversion

I hope you are a good welder or have access to one who works cheap!Before I decided to chop up 2 perfectly good bikes, I looked at several different conversions and took lots of pictures.

I had to completely re-make the bottom half of the frame including the shock mounts.Re-make the frame that comes down beside the carb or custom fab an intake manifold. You want to get the countershaft sprocket as close as you can to the swingarm pivot to keep the chain from falling off. There are many more little pieces that will have to be made yourself.

It is definately not a bolt-in affair and will take lots of time and patience as well as some engineering skills on your part.

Good luck-were all counting on you!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
thanks for the input guys yea my friend is very good with welding he said he would be hapy to help me for free he said he doesnt know exactly what hes doin but that why im on here to get info and pics for him

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.