PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been this industry for quite a few years now . I know where most bikes come from .so close your ears if the truth hurts

Now lets see Japans labor rates are currently at the same rate as the USA

and lets face it how cheap can you make a little bike for ? .

I sell quite a few bikes and quads that are made in Taiwan and China some are great and some are crap ( I avoid the crap ) these bike company's are owned buy the big four ie: Honda,Kawasaki,Susuki.Yamaha, for example I sell a bike called a PB 50 it is Identical to a PW 50 and actuatly comes from the same factory .the company that distributes this bike sells there bike to all the dealers that are not a Yamaha franchise's end result is that more bikes are sold makes sense to me more bikes more profit. Yamaha's pretty smart you know

Now there are some other bikes I sell from a company called Honda of Sunduro (yes this Honda) this factory is in China where a lot of Honda's youth products are produced ( HMM maybe even our beloved fiddy's). you see Honda of North America acounts for about only 7 percent of the world market . you say damm thats a pretty small percent with all the bikes we have . so you have ask yourself where is the other 93 percent of Honda's business. well lets see in most countrys people can't afford cars or the traffic conditions are so bad that it makes sense to use a motorcycle and this not to mention the smog issue that cars produce . the bulk of the bikes are used in Asia,South Africa,South America,and the middle east ( some of them are in Europe but about the same amount as the US) so to keep transportation cheap for these country's they have to produce them for pennys on the dollar hense they look for cheap labor and the last country's that offer that are Korea,Taiwan and China.

here is a example Polaris has a youth Quad that has a scooter motor in it ( the same 90cc motor that Dinli and Kasea uses) now these are Taiwan made quads

Even another example is Suziki and Kawasaki they use Chinese and Taiwan company's to produce there youth products .

So you see not alot of products are made in Japan any more .I will say there big bikes are still built there but not as a hole .(look at next Yamaha YZF250F you find the motor sais made in Brazil). most of the big four company's have some factory in some dark third world country building something for them it is how they keep the prices down and profit up

Lets face folks most of the bikes we ride today in America have Japanese names but that is about all

Now I know this doesn't sound cool but it is the truth

I would love to hear comments on this subject so hit me with it

·
Registered
438 Posts
Sounds as though you are definetly not a dealer, or a "BIG FOUR" dealer.

I like how you explain things on here.... one thing.. the average age of everyone on here is probably around 12... your explaining holds no bar. They do not have an ideawhat the value of Labor rates, Profit margins, and material costs. Although you do mention truths, some of it is bent way out of context......

All you explain is common knowledge able to learn over the internet....

Its useless to 99% of the people on this site.

Im sure most of them on here dont even care.....

Hell most ae wondering how to get their next XR50 part cheaper :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I agree it is common knowledge but I hear people complaining about China and Taiwan all the time and how they are so glad there Honda is from Japan I just wanted to get the news out there that these countrys are way ahead in the bike building business than people know .I just returned from China after visiting the factory that will be producing our bikes. it was state of the art with the same ISO 9001 quality standards as Honda the fact is they produce almost a million motors a year some for the big four .

Yes I'am a dealer (not a big four but soon I will be) I have 5 franchises now and 600 hundred of my first RC bikes on the way for X-mas and 7 more models that will be availible early next year

I'am too building race ready bikes but have chose to use quality parts like the Ishock.marzhocci, and others our motors have a three valve head our frames will be chromemoly and all the bugs you mentioned on the Extreme won't exsist our motors are race proven we have spent tons of money and a year designing them to win races not just look good. we will building pit bikes and racers and will make sure we present them for there proper use

·
Registered
9,515 Posts
Honda has factories all over the world, and they outsource parts just like everyone else. My guess is a fair number of XR50/CRF50 parts are produced in 3rd world countries, just like the Kitaco and Takegawa parts that are produced in Taiwan and boxed in Japan.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Damm I wish I was twelve then my bones would not hurt so much and my wounds would heal quiker .

Look I will not mention my dealership name on here but if you work for 5051 clothing you know who I'am .

I beleive that the XR 50 is not made in Japan so I will get the info you want to prove it . if I'am wrong I will eat my socks but only if I get to use jelly on them

·
Registered
140 Posts
Personally, I would rather buy american made. But price is a big factor. I would spend mroe money if the product was better. I don't care who makes the part... if it is quality, then I would definitly consider it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.