PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have discovered that the KX swingarm and XR frame were never meant to be joined together. So naturally i am looking for an alternative to riding a chopper XR 50. My question is if it would be worth it to buy an XR 70 swingarm for 150-160 bucks, or will there be durability issues? I really don't plan on beating the crap out of the bike. maybe little tabletops this summer? The KX forks are nice considering they were free, but I think they will be too long even with an XR 70 swinger w/i-shock. I don't think i could part with 350 bucks for an aftermarket swingarm. Can anybody explain how these companies have the nerve to charge that much for a little swingarm? I dont think they could have over 100 bucks in materials...but i could be wrong. How much seat height would the XR 70 swinger and an i-shock w/o res add to the rear end? Has anybody out there extended the stock swingarm? It doesn't seem like its worth having done...unless you can do it for free yourself. So many questions...so little money.

·
Registered
7,005 Posts
7o swingarms suck the pivot points are different from a 50 and they make the shocks work kind of shitty but for what you say your doin you might not mind it a freind of mine has one with a works shock and it works good I would say do it if you find a 70 swingarm for a deal but if you pay 160 or 170 then you should just get a sik 50 or some thing for a little more you might want to call ole vince at rc motors he might have a used swinger of some sort I just got a fast50 swinger from him and he hooked me up with a killer deal and great service as fare as shipping and everthing

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.