PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
the 70 head would be a waste on a stock cyl...like manwhore said, it will reduce compression considerably, not to mention have a oddly shaped combustion chamber that might not burn so effectively. the 70 head is better for a big bore, but some big bore kits have dished pistons so the compression isnt sky-high with a stock head, so keep that in mind too. and the 50 pipe bolts right it, intake bolt spacing is identical as well

·
Registered
18 Posts
Dezmo said:
the 70 head would be a waste on a stock cyl...like manwhore said, it will reduce compression considerably, not to mention have a oddly shaped combustion chamber that might not burn so effectively. the 70 head is better for a big bore, but some big bore kits have dished pistons so the compression isnt sky-high with a stock head, so keep that in mind too. and the 50 pipe bolts right it, intake bolt spacing is identical as well

Dezmo, Would the Takegawa s-stage kit work OK with XR-70 head.

Has this kit got a dished piston??

Also is the inake on 70 head bigger than 50??

·
Registered
461 Posts
the valves ina 70 head are 20 and 23 mm and stock 50 is 19 and 16 i think. and the s stage will work as long as u go buy a 52mm high dome piston, and when u put it in u might need 2 base gaskets and a spark plug washer (i needed both).

·
Registered
18 Posts
sanobrady said:
the s stage will work as long as u go buy a 52mm high dome piston, and when u put it in u might need 2 base gaskets and a spark plug washer (i needed both).
I am pretty sure I will go this way, In what area of my rev range or performance should I see an improvement???

·
Registered
461 Posts
everywhere, u will also want a 15 or 16 front sprocket, only go 16 if ur under 120 pounds and have a clutch, other wise 15 will give u a bit more top which will help over all. i also suggest getting a 22mm carb. and geting the 70 head ported and getting a super oil pump since there cheap and do a fantastic job keeping ur bike cool.

·
Registered
557 Posts
best place for an xr70 bore up is hondatrailbikes.com they got a cam, borekit, carb, and intake for $275!!!! great deal, you just gotta ask for the domed piston instead of the flat top. its no extra charge!!! :lol:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks heaps for the help guys, I am pretty sure this is the way to go, now the money. umm how do I get the wife on my side for yet another 50 mod... ?? LOL.This should be fun. :?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.