PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello i posted this on xr stuff for sale with little luck(im a newbie...probably posted in wrong section...lol...) so i am posting it here...here is my question...does anyone know where i can find a 30 tooth 428 rear sprocket for a 2001 xr50? any help would be greatly appreciated! thanks

·
Super Moderator
9,969 Posts
I'd be willing to bet that is a 420 sprocket, not a 428 one. If you have to have a 428 one, for whatever reason, you'll probabaly have to have it custom made. Standard sprocket size for the XR/CRF50 is 420.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys,i left a message on their site to call me! I have a 35t 428 that came off a older honda that fit but need a smaller one and i dont know what honda it came off of...:confused:

·
Super Moderator
9,969 Posts
Here is the closest match I could find with the same dimensions. The top one is for an XR/CRF50, the bottom one is for a '69-'72 SL100.

Found it HERE

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
dirtbkr188 said:
Here is the closest match I could find with the same dimensions. The top one is for an XR/CRF50, the bottom one is for a '69-'72 SL100.

Found it HERE
Thank you very much for all your time....going to call honda today and check on the sl 100 and see what we can come up with.Also going to check with the site you gave me..Thanks again!!!:grin:

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
ive seen 428 i thought some the 124's ran them...that second sprocket looks to be a multi bike one since has 2 mounting options...if you have a stock honda xr50 engine and stock rim/hub you dont need 428. why do you want a 30? maybe you should lower the counter sprocket size first

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
trtr013 said:
ive seen 428 i thought some the 124's ran them...that second sprocket looks to be a multi bike one since has 2 mounting options...if you have a stock honda xr50 engine and stock rim/hub you dont need 428. why do you want a 30? maybe you should lower the counter sprocket size first
I have a lifan 140 and it comes with a 428,I put a 35 rear on it but i need more gear.I put a 16 front on the motor but in order to go bigger i need to grind on the case...trying to avoid that!I am running the stock hub..Im new so bear with me..what brand 124's are you talking about?...Thanks again

1 - 12 of 12 Posts