PlanetMinis Forums banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

Registered
This tire fit those forks and was raced dirt track that鈥檚 why the tire looks weird I put those grooves in it. Kenda 110/70

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
Discussion Starter #26
With the sl70 tank on this xl70 frame being relocated, I had to devise a mount for the rear of the tank. I machined a female threaded stud and welded it to the backbone of the frame
IMG_9878[1].JPG

Then added some rubber insulators
IMG_9879[1].JPG
IMG_9880[1].JPG

Then the seat mounts
IMG_9887[1].JPG
IMG_9885[1].JPG
IMG_9884[1].JPG

The shock mount studs were then cut off the frame then drilled and tapped with m6 threads for the rear seat mounts and rear fender mounting points
IMG_9891[1].JPG

Registered
Discussion Starter #28
You can use almost any length or spring rate and compensate for either variable with the shock mount location.
A stiff spring should have the shock mounts as close to the backbone of the frame as possible.
Basically, pick a shock and experiment with temporary mounts tack welded into place and fine tune the placement before fully welding.
You might have to mount it 4 or 5 different ways before you get the desired ride height and spring rate

Registered
Discussion Starter #29
The chain was rubbing on a section of frame under the swingarm.
DMWI2683[1].JPG

I was going to make a delrin slider or roller but decided against it in favor of removing that section of frame and replacing it with something that would increase clearance
IMG_9823[1].JPG

IMG_9828[1].JPG

IMG_9830[1].JPG
IMG_9832[1].JPG

Registered
Discussion Starter #35
This tire fit those forks and was raced dirt track that鈥檚 why the tire looks weird I put those grooves in it. Kenda 110/70

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I just got the kenda 110/70-12 in the mail. It's shorter and wider than the dunlop

Registered
Discussion Starter #36
Got a narrow wheel from my brother in law. Mounted up the new Kenda Tire and it fits perfectly. Except on side of the tire I can't seam to get the bead to seat properly. I've tried soap, soap and water, wd40, wd40 with soap, filled to 90 psi, hit it with a rubber dead blow. I spent hours trying to get it to seat. I finally got it close enough

Registered
Got a narrow wheel from my brother in law. Mounted up the new Kenda Tire and it fits perfectly. Except on side of the tire I can't seam to get the bead to seat properly. I've tried soap, soap and water, wd40, wd40 with soap, filled to 90 psi, hit it with a rubber dead blow. I spent hours trying to get it to seat. I finally got it close enough
Nothing like the pop when a bead seats...while you are riding! The bike looks really good, are you doing any paint?

Registered
Discussion Starter #38 (Edited)
Nothing like the pop when a bead seats...while you are riding! The bike looks really good, are you doing any paint?
Thanks!

at this point I'm going to leave the paint. The paint that's on the tank is custom mixed Delfleet that sprayed a couple years ago and wet sanded. It gives it character and I've got a project International Scout That needs to get finished

21 - 40 of 44 Posts