PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
You’re going to love that front end. That’s what I had. You’re rear set up is vary similar to mine. Very plush. Only problem with this style front end the SL tank hits bad. That’s why I went with the XL-XR type fuel tank. I love those tires you have! That is going to be epic!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Love your welding and fab skills.
Looks excellent!
Thanks!

Wow. Looks great. Maybe a pair of super Moto. Lol
Ha! I'm pretty sure some of these parts were yours at one point. I got some of the parts from hokomon and shapeshifter

You’re going to love that front end. That’s what I had. You’re rear set up is vary similar to mine. Very plush. Only problem with this style front end the SL tank hits bad. That’s why I went with the XL-XR type fuel tank. I love those tires you have! That is going to be epic!!!
Thanks! I relocated the tank mounts. I've got about 1/4" clearance at the tightest spot.

First I made a bracket that mounted on the factory coil mount that dropped the tank and pushed it back some

EXPV9813[1].JPG

I didn't like it so i cut off the factory coil mounts and made a headtube gusset with integrated tank mounts

IMG_9768[1].JPG
IMG_9767[1].JPG

·
Super Moderator
10,180 Posts
Looks like an '84-'85 XR200/250 lurking in the background...
...the one with the RSVP or RCMP or maybe the RFVC engine..:cool:

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looks like an '84-'85 XR200/250 lurking in the background...
...the one with the RSVP or RCMP or maybe the RFVC engine..:cool:
It is indeed. 1985 xr200 RFVC "radial 4 valve" with dual carburetors.

I rode this bike in the mid 90s. I just went through it and freshened it up a bit. I've got the rear shock out of it at the moment. Replacing the shock head seal

·
Super Moderator
10,180 Posts
It is indeed. 1985 xr200 RFVC "radial 4 valve" with dual carburetors.

I rode this bike in the mid 90s. I just went through it and freshened it up a bit. I've got the rear shock out of it at the moment. Replacing the shock head seal
I had an '84 250 that I rode every Sunday in the mid to late 90's, the bike was bulletproof IMO. Pic of it HERE

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I would love an XL70, just so hard to find! Great looking build. It's amazing what being handy with a welder can do, I really need to get some practice.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts