PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will the X4 forks fit on an X2? I know they're longer and more travel. Will this difference screw with the rear suspension working ok?

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I figured the choppering would be a bit of a thing (or more stability for fast tracks). Yeah, slide the tubes up. Is it a bad thing to have 8"travel in the front and only 6" in the rear? Is the tube diameter compatible with X2 triple clamps?

·
Registered
4,276 Posts
You can bolt them on, they will slip up into the clamps, even slide them up to a point where the bike sits about the same as stock.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's an 07 (manufacture date from 06) so it's still got the tri-nitrade coating. (yeah, just a matter of time)

It sounds like there might be some retrofitting to get anything to fit. Am I better off with X2 forks, or X4's if I have to go through the trouble regardless?

·
Registered
4,276 Posts
sibo said:
It's an 07 (manufacture date from 06) so it's still got the tri-nitrade coating. (yeah, just a matter of time)

It sounds like there might be some retrofitting to get anything to fit. Am I better off with X2 forks, or X4's if I have to go through the trouble regardless?
The newer x2 forks are different and much better ,, than the early forks, but as mentioned use the newer brake caliper and mount.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts